Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Box And Clutch Disassemble And Workshop Drawings Needed

narent1

good day,please I need help,my Avensis Verso 02. d4d(260 000 km) clutch is slipping and I am thinking of doing repair by myself.I can not find drawings step by step process for disassembleing gear box.Thank you Oliver

People,I did it in local garage and it is not that difficult.All it takes is garage lift and some tools.First we disconnected Battery and air intake and air pipe from turbine to inter cooler. Next is bolts for electric starter and slave cylinder for the clutch.and couple if cable holders too,than couple of gear box bolts upper side.Next thing,tires down,bolts for axle both sides,shoulder bolts on the inside(two bolts horizontal) not one under wheel bearing where it is difficult to insert wrench tool, both sides,right axle is supported in the middle by extra bearing and have to take bearing housing apart by loosening two bolts on it,than knock it out.Left axle is problem to put back if you don't put snap ring opening down before inserting axle back in gear box.Just place it strait and insert in. Remove front engine mount and back engine mount complete,back one is little more demanding bur if you work on lift it is not problem to see all bolts from behind and some bolts take from direct under.Next is support engine from the top by using chain holder .We used top mounted holder from side to side of engine bay and chain to bolt on engine.Take left engine mount down complete and you can move engine As you disconnect gear box it is easy to take it down by four hands.Rest is easy,if you have single mass flywheel like on my Toyota and not dual mas like some D4D, you are lucky. Complete of clutch parts cost me 200 Euro(not original parts but similar Japan parts).I pay some 55 Euro for help from my neighbor garage owners brother and 35 Euros for gear oil.Al together it took us 7 hours to complete it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links