Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lucida New Engine Or Not?

dougie

:blink: i have a great running motor that i just bought very cheap its a 2.2 td 4wd toyota lucida import but guess what it now err overheats and also has a loud metal to metal chapping noise fromt the engine . it only overheats above 50mph and normally when climbing a hill after pulling over it soon resumes back to normal temp .the noise gets louder as she warms up i have tride all sorts of expensive oils and lubes but chitty keeps chapping . it can run all day around the town without a hiccup but as soon as the pedal hits the metal for any great length of time it requires a cool off period ! any suggestion to whats wrong?

Well I would check the obvious and make sure the water pump is not seizing, maybe the bearing is failing, is the water level correct, is the heater working, maybe get it to a garage, a reputable one, and have it checked over :yes:

i took it to a toyota garage and all the could say was it sounds expensive ! another garage says it sounds like tappits .another garage says the cylinder sleave on toyotas are famous for turning round and finaly i was told that it may have boiled over before and now has a small crack in the block or head and when the pressure increases then it causees the water to run out the overflow

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I just would like to know if you already solve the problem on overheating? I just experienced the same fate with my Lucida just a couple of days ago and my mechanic has the same diagnostics about the cylinder head or gaskets needs to be checked. Do you have any estimates on how much this thing will cost?

• 2 weeks later...

I already solved the problem on overheating! But the price is not cheap. You need to replace your cylinder head gasket, piston rings might be defective too. In my case I've replaced the piston rings, valve guide, engine valve, I took my cylinder head for a machine shop, in short, my engine had just been top overhauled.

• 4 weeks later...
I already solved the problem on overheating! But the price is not cheap. You need to replace your cylinder head gasket, piston rings might be defective too. In my case I've replaced the piston rings, valve guide, engine valve, I took my cylinder head for a machine shop, in short, my engine had just been top overhauled.

HI MINE WAS THE SAME BUT I REPLACED THE RAD AND IVE NOT HAD ANY TROUBLE SINCE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links