Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris + Amplifier = Help!

breezer

:help:

Hi there, finally got to the back of my cd player.

I have rear Speakers in the shelf and i just wired them up to see if they worked and they did, but i have an amplifier.

I want the amplifier wired to the cd player, how do you do this?

I know how to wire the Speakers and the sub to the amplifier, just wiring the amplifier to the cd player is what has caught me out. I know u can buy the amp wiring kits for £25, but my mates cousin (who works on cars) said it is possible to wire the amp upto the cd player with ordinary speaker wire.

Anyone know how to do this?

Where does the normal speaker wire go onto the amp? :help:

Any help is much appreciated :thumbsup:

PS. Just incase this is not possible, how do u wire up the amp using a amp wiring kit :!Removed!:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• jaxx

• Hou

• eternity575

Top Posters In This Topic

well... if its not the original headunit..

all you need to do is wire a 5 meter long rca cable from the amp output (in the headunit) to your cross over or amp.

if its the original one, you need to lower the signal by using a device that will cost u about 5$ :) it will lower the signal to a level that the amp can get it .. and voila..

yes, are you using the OE unit or an aftermarket one?

no reply :)

give him a chance! :lol:

also will depend on the amp as some come with high level imputs which means instead of the rca lead you can use speaker wire to run it!

Ya wat? :help:

Its a 520w amp! Gona be hooked upto the standard toyota cd player! Gona use a propper amp wiring kit as iv been told it is better quality or something :unsure:

propper amp wiring kit makes no difference and if the standard head unit doesnt have RCAs out then you will have to use speaker wires,it can be either straight to the amp if it will let you or you will have to talk to auto leads to get a convertor to RCA,best bet is post up the model of the amp and ill check for the high level imput! :thumbsup:

im totally against hi-input inputs on the amp...

it sounds terrible.. (although other methods are not 100% pure joy too)

depends on the amp and the means of doing it but yes the clarity isnt the best due to the low voltage of the imput and plus they are more prone to interferance!But if he is desparate andd the amps isnt too bad(plus speaker wires are kept away from power) then you can get away with it!

4 Channel Power Amplifier 520W

Shark

Bigger Picture

An extremely versatile, high-performance power amplifier featuring a variety of bridgeable modes to suit different installations, the Shark SCA-4520 will deliver a maximum 520 watts. Features include a selectable low-pass crossover and a variable bass boost of 0-6dB at 35Hz. In addition to standard low level RCA inputs, the high (speaker) level inputs make it easy to upgrade standard head units (those without pre-amp outputs). Channels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 are independently bridgeable for maximum versatility.

· Anti-thump remote switch on

· Line level (RCA) and high-level (speaker) inputs

· Short-circuit and thermal protection

· Configurable multi-channel / bridged modes

· 2 ohm stable

· Variable bass boost

Specification:

Max.power: 4x 120W (2x 260W mono)

RMS power at 14.4V: 4x 40W (2x 110W mono)

Crossover filter: Full-range / Low-pass 80Hz

Input sensitivity:

High level: 10V-2V

RCA level: 0.2-3V

Dimensions: 240 x 280 x 63mm

Click the link and itl take u straight to the pic of the back of my cd player!!

http://www.freewebs.com/breeze2k4/photos.htm

Whats the best option? Speaker wire or amp wiring kit?

you will be able to connect up through the use of the high levels then

youll be able to run the speaker cable from the headunit to the amp and run it that way

you will just need to run the speaker wires tto the amp,avoiding your power cables,into the part that says hi level imput!!

Ok! So i stick the wires in the back of the cd player, just like i did when i tested Speakers by stickin the wires in! Once thats done, where bouts on the amplifier to i connect the speaker wire. Too many terminals :crybaby: You want a picture of the terminals? Only take me 2mins

4th pic down

high level inputs are the little white plugs

correct me if im wrong but arent they the high level imputs in betweeen the gain controls?if so there should have been some connectors in the box your amp came in that you will have to wire up to!

So how do i wire speaker wire to those things then :blink: coz theyre for like, plugs to go onto?? :unsure:

If someone could give me a detailed run through! Starting from...

Amp is in boot, nothing connected. CD player is out and have speaker wire handy and those two things that are 15-20cm long (fit into the small rectangle shaped sockets on pic 4 of the above link).

Also what else do i need, heard about wiring something from the amp to the Battery.....whats that :blink: and whats this called?

oh dear this is gonna be a long one!

The permanent live needs to come from the Battery down the length of the car,ask a yaris owner where the grommit is!you will also need to have a remote power from your head unit so it knows when it is turned on,thois can be from a power ariel connector or somthing!they need to run down one side of the car and you need to run speaker wires from your head unit down the other side of the car!

You will need a earth wire connected to the body work about a metre from the amp!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links