Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Sidelight Bulb Change

plasma99

I 've read various posts on this matter but am still a bit confused about how exactly you change the front sidelight bulb on an Avensis. I apologise if this has been adequately covered in a previous post.

I got as far as removing the engine cover above the headlamp and removing the connector plug from the back of the sidelight bulb. However I could not see how to remove the bulb. Does the plastic socket (from which the connector plug has been detatched) rotate by 90 degrees? I cannot see it but the socket feels like it is part of the whole headlamp housing and would not rotate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just changed the sidelight bulb on my Avensis, Took me about 5mins to do. After removing the engine trim covers, all it took was to put my hand down into the gap and rotate the bulb holder 90deg anti-clockwise (looking from the back of the light unit.) didn't need to disconnect the wiring, once loose you can replace the bulb and reseat the holder. job done.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I eventually realised that it was all covered in the owners manual and did manage to change it. Was considering chaning to LED but chose to use a standard bulb in case the changed current consumption had any affect on the lighting circuit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links