Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Handle Problem

andrum99

I have what could be described as a more serious version of Aygo common niggle 15 (interior door handle pull covers are prone to weaken). In my case I have managed to snap the actual pull handle itself which makes closing the door from the inside a bit tricky! My local Toyota dealer very helpfully quoted me £250 for a replacement, claiming the whole interior door trim has to be ordered as a single part. Is it possible to get hold of just the pull handle, and if so, where?

Might be worth a try on eBay for someone breaking a crashed aygo.. Always worth a try, and if you do need the whole door panel they probably won't charge too much either.

Thanks folks - managed to find the interior door trim, including pull handle, online for £70 new so not sure why the main dealer was quoting £250!

Also managed to find some scrap Aygos on www.car-transplants.co.uk - anyone happen to know if they are reputable? I'm thinking I might order 2 handles and cover pieces just in case I manage to break another one as they don't seem particularly strong.

Thanks

Andrew.

Ordered a single pull handle from car transplants over the phone - £30 inc VAT & delivery. Should be with me by Friday - yay!

That is great news, and now you have saved so much money why not invest £15.00 in a TOC annual membership.

TOC SUPPORTER PLUS MEMBERSHIP, for a minimal fee the TOC Supporter member will enjoy unlimited access to the forums and a magical feeling of warmth for contributing towards, and being a part of an exclusive club.

For those who use the PM messenger a lot more, TOC Supporter Plus Gives you 3000 PM message Inbox Instead of 1000 with standard TOC Supporter.

TOC Supporter Member Plus (£17.50 per year)

* Unlimited access to post within all of our public forums
* Access to our supporter moderation free forum
* Larger PM storage box from 100 to 10,000 PM messages
* Ability to upload files/images into forum posts (100 meg)
* Ability to upload pictures into the gallery
* Can start new polls whithin Forums
* Subscribed Member recognition in forum posts
* Use of our Buy & Sell section (private sellers only...no traders please)
* Club Sticker
* Customise your profile
* A warm and comforting glow from knowing that you are not only a member of an exclusive club - but that you are also actively contributing to the success of the club.

Thanks folks - managed to find the interior door trim, including pull handle, online for £70 new so not sure why the main dealer was quoting £250!

Also managed to find some scrap Aygos on www.car-transplants.co.uk - anyone happen to know if they are reputable? I'm thinking I might order 2 handles and cover pieces just in case I manage to break another one as they don't seem particularly strong.

Thanks

Andrew.

They have been in existance for donkeys years.......always a good sign. I used to get bits from there "when I were a lad" and thats a long time ago :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links