Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux 3.0Lt. Auto Box

voyager t180

A rare excursion for me from the Rav oc. So hello and hope you can help.

My son in law is looking for a Hilux and has found 2004 3.0lt auto with 96k mls in good nick.

The price seems too low to be true,so I was wondering wether the auto boxes and or engines are prone to going wrong?

Thanks Paul.

According to the Honest John review, the UK officially didn't get the 3.0 D4D HiLux (2000-2005 model), but supposedly plenty were imported. Could your car be an import?

I was thinking the same Mike.

Does it make a difference though ?

Presumably if people like Glasses and CAP publish values for this model they take into account that the vehicles are imports with differing specs, etc and possibly things like parts, servicing, and insurance may be more difficult to obtain due to it not being an official import.

In reality parts/servicing shouldn't be much of a problem.

Insurance may be a bit more difficult - but brokers like Adrian Flux, TOC insurance will usually provide cover.

Might be worthwhile looking at the rust proofing as Japanese market models have different levels of rust proofing to the UK.

Thanks again Mike,not had time today,but hoping to view tomorrow.

Paul.

If the truck is an import ( called a Vigo ) then these where destined for nice hot far eastern countries and as such did not have heaters fitted to the cabin only cooling AC. Pull the glove box out and look at the heater box as most unofficial imports seem to have jerry rigged heater radiators plumbed in which have caused no end of issues such as overheating, scolding hot coolant pouring over the passengers legs and flooding the cabin because fitting the heater radiator takes the pollen filter slot allowing crud to block up the AC drains.

Also look out for top end rattles when revving the engine as this can be sign of injector failure, white smoke from the exhaust which can be a cracked piston all of which are known issues which UK trucks have extended warranty support for fro Toyota GB but a grey import Vigo will get not support at all

Thanks Lee,all of which could explain the low price tag.

Thanks again Mike,not had time today,but hoping to view tomorrow.

Paul.

Hi,

If you find you're having difficulties with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links