Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E Blue Top Denso Injectors

Mikey B 1981

Hi Guys.

First of all Happy new year to all members.

Newbie to the club on the recomendation of my cousin.

Here's the sad story.

My beloved 1996 1.8 gs 5 door Carina e was wrecklessly smashed into by a boy racer 5 weeks ago whilst I was parked outside my local chinese.

Luckyly I was in the take away collecting my tea when it happend, but little sod who hit my car did a runner. The Police are looking into it, but have just advised me to just get intouch with my insurance company. Great... Now the car is for certain a write off & my insurance company ar'nt exactly wanting to pay out much. According to my insurance broker I hav'nt got my no claims bonus protected , which has really ****** me off . Not wanting to lose my 9 years NCB for less then a £400 pay out, I decided it would be best to just cash the tax in & weigh the poor thing in, but my cousin advised me before I do so to go find a Toyota forum & offer up the injectors. Which are according to him quite hard to find & sought after these days. So on his recomendation I let him remove the injectors and other bits in a bit to try and claw some extra money back before it gets weighed in for scrap. Apparantly these bits fit on some Celicas & my cousin has managed to sell one injector, the alternator and battery to some guy he knows. So now have 3 of these denso blue top injectors left should anyone need any for there Carina / Celica. Other parts which have been removed include a full set of door glass and the two rear quarter glass pannels, some elec window motors, manual wing mirrors , front grille and possibly some other bits, will have to check & update later. Hopefully these bits will be of use to some carina owner out there. I shall of course post pics of any parts that maybe of interest to anyone. Cheers. Mike from north Lincs

Hello Mike - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI Mike, i am seeking an injector - there are the blue ones - mine is a 1996 1.6 petrol - but as far as i can tell once the color is the same then its ok. Have you still got them available?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mate.

My apologies for not seeing your reply to my post sooner.

My laptop broke over christmas and I have only just bought a replacement one today.

I have indeed still got 1 blue top injector left. But if you need more than one thats also not a problem as my cousin

has some spare from his old 94 M 1.6 carina E. His are the grey top denso injectors but these also work perfectly fine

along side the blue top ones from the slightly newer models.

A local guy who my cousin works with is currently running 3 blue injectors and one grey one in his carina and aparantly has no issues. As daft as this sounds I'm sure with him being my cousins work college he would'nt mind me doing a video showing his carina running fine on this set up that I could then email to you.

My email address should you wish to contact me is: mike.beeby@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards. Mike

HI Mike, no problem at all - I picked up a blue injector about a week ago from a breaker - havent had the chance to fit it yet as the weather is so bad but will get to it soon, get the old Carina back on the road.

thanks for the reply - seeing as you have a few carina parts if i need anything else i might drop you a line in case you have access to it.

many thanks -

Danny