Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation Oddity

Sagitar

"What I have noticed is she now tells me the actual speed limit if I drift over it instead of berating me by telling me I'm exceeding it".

I would be more impressed if the data were accurate. There is a 50 m.p.h limit that I drive through several times a week. The satnav thinks the limit is 40 m.p.h. and tells me so each time I drive through it . . . . . :driving:

...I would be more impressed if the data were accurate. There is a 50 m.p.h limit that I drive through several times a week. The satnav thinks the limit is 40 m.p.h. and tells me so each time I drive through it . . . . . :driving:

On a long journey I often have my TomTom on the dash as well (like the additional way points, and ability to save regular journeys + plus keep it handy in case T&Go breaks) - sometimes only one has the speed limit wrong, occasionally they're both wrong!

What's worrying, is sometimes the limit has been unchanged for 20-30 years or more!

• 1 month later...

I had an email from Toyota today saying that there is a software upgrade that will solve my problem, but it needs to be uploaded at my dealer. I will take the car in as soon as I get the nod and I will let you know what happens.

At last I got a call from the dealer today and took in the car for the software upgrade. It took about 15 minutes to do and initial tests indicate that the error has gone.

I notice that the software version has changed from 2.8.4aH to 2.8.5H but the Map ID is unchanged at EUH20130409.

Now I am hoping for some uneventful SatNav guidance . . . . . :)

Having posted the message above and having recently completed some kind of survey from Toyota that mentioned "My Toyota" I thought I would go onto the "My Toyota" site and see if I could usefully record todays visit to the dealer and the change of data that resulted. I visited both "My Toyota" and the Toyota Customer Portal but neither took me to anything useful and both struck me as being pretty much a waste of time.

However, perhaps I'm missing the point. Has anyone else found anything useful to do with eithe of these sites?

Having posted the message above and having recently completed some kind of survey from Toyota that mentioned "My Toyota" I thought I would go onto the "My Toyota" site and see if I could usefully record todays visit to the dealer and the change of data that resulted. I visited both "My Toyota" and the Toyota Customer Portal but neither took me to anything useful and both struck me as being pretty much a waste of time.

However, perhaps I'm missing the point. Has anyone else found anything useful to do with eithe of these sites?

If you got to the 'My Toyota' site, log in, press 'Dashboard', scroll down to 'Events' then press 'Sevice History', you should see your visit to the dealer recorded and what they have done.

If you got to the 'My Toyota' site, log in, press 'Dashboard', scroll down to 'Events' then press 'Sevice History', you should see your visit to the dealer recorded and what they have done.

I did all that, but there is nothing showing - perhaps they need more time?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links