Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed Mot On Airbag Light Not Going Off Help

youngie

Failed mot on airbag light not going off help... my airbag light flashing on and off all the time... i have a recall tomorrow to take my car back in to toyota to do the airbags for free.. my is a tsport 1.8 52 plate... what i am trying to ask here is when they do my airbag tomorrow will that turn the light of or not.... if not how can i reset the airbag to stop flashing as it will not pass its mot... thank you all lee

Hello Lee - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

I would have thought it would be best to clarify with the Toyota dealer whether the light would be turned off as a result of this work tomorrow, rather than have members speculate on whether it will or won't.

Hello Lee - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

I would have thought it would be best to clarify with the Toyota dealer whether the light would be turned off as a result of this work tomorrow, rather than have members speculate on whether it will or won't.

thank you for your reply... is there a way i can reset the airbag light mate just for a qwick fix.. just to get my mot sorted out... cheers lee

Pretty sure a flashing airbag light indicates a possible problem with the whole system - which may or may not be related to the work you're having done. Think Toyota dealers can reset the airbag light, but don't know of a way an individual can reset it.

Pretty sure a flashing airbag light indicates a possible problem with the whole system - which may or may not be related to the work you're having done. Think Toyota dealers can reset the airbag light, but don't know of a way an individual can reset it.

thanks mate... lets hope so... cheers lee

ok was told it is my drivers airbag.. cost over £1000 to repair... is there anyway i can turn the airbag light off for the retest at the mot place cheers all lee gutted

Could try disconnecting the Battery and leaving it disconnected for at least 30 minutes, in the hope it may reset.

This is without any recommendation, but have a look at: http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7250228_reset-airbag-light-toyota.html

As regards a replacement airbag module, you could consider: http://www.airbagsforsale.com/repair-your-module/?gclid=CKH0j83o6bsCFWITwwodM0MAcA

How do you benefit by turning off the light, its a warning.

What if it goes off while you are driving.

You or someone else could be injured or killed.

These bags are explosive and it is not wise to play with it.

ok was told it is my drivers airbag.. cost over £1000 to repair... is there anyway i can turn the airbag light off for the retest at the mot place cheers all lee gutted

hello all i am sorry it is the driver seat airbag not the steering wheel...i have a few code errors p0410 c1203 c1541 b0116 can anyone help with these codes cheers all lee

So you seat explodes and you are trying to tell me that it would not effect your driving performance...

I think you should look up airbags on you tube to see the consequences...

So you seat explodes and you are trying to tell me that it would not effect your driving performance...

I think you should look up airbags on you tube to see the consequences...

sorry mate i am trying to get it sorted... b0116 open in squib lh circuit.. what parts will i need cheers lee can i just replace the driver seat or not cheers lee

The side squib (LH) circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly and side airbag assembly (LH).

It causes the SRS to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied.

If faulty I suggest that you replace airbag sensor assembly.

The side squib (LH) circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly and side airbag assembly (LH).

It causes the SRS to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied.

If faulty I suggest that you replace airbag sensor assembly.

thanks mate.. why did the man in the showroom say it was my driver seat on that code error. lol... ok mate what parts do i need altogether cheers lee

Pm parts king and he will set you right

thank you will do cheers lee

ok all i have sorted it now.. it was the passenger seat not the driver seat like i was told... but the airbag light is going off now... plus my mate found the trc off and vsc error 2 it was passenger side wheel acre has come off witch left the air intake able to take water and moist into it.. no light now on the dash yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaa... thank alll lee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links