Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 1.6 Petrol Icon On Its Way

macksdad

We I've bin and gone and done it, ordered a new 1.6 petrol Verso Icon Vermillion Red. 12% discount off list. Due mid Feb. Have I made the right choice?

This is for my wife who presently has a 15 year old 1.6 SR Corolla having done only £55k miles, its been in the family since new. Never failed a MOT, never broke down, always started on the first turn of the key and left outside in all weathers. Apart from an annual service its only cost us a new Battery, tyres and windscreen wipers. Not even a bulb has failed and the electric sun roof still works. Will Toyota ever make a car as reliable as this again. It still rides like a new car and has a better ride than my 5 year old BMW520D estate. In the end it was the much enhanced safety features of this new car that promoted the change.

Did all the usual research on reliability, Which annual survey, etc and people seemed very happy with the Verso (pre2013 model) and Which gave the new Verso a very good report. But reading some of the comments on this site I begin to wonder. Hope the updates on the pre 2013 model address's some of the concerns expressed.

The old Corolla has about 10% more power to weight ratio than the Verso but the test ride shown the Verso to be more than adequate for the type of driving my wife enjoys, when it was my turn to try it I did not pick up on the increased revs problem of the electronic accelerator pedal but then I was not looking for it.

The car will be used locally on fairly short runs on country roads totalling 4000 miles per year hence the petrol engine choice.

My wife is looking forward to stepping into the 21st century with this car I only hope it serves her as faithfully as her much loved corolla for the planned 15 years we intend to have it.

I'll post my initial experiences of the new car at the end of Feb

Welcome to the club Keith. I have also recently changed from corolla 02 T3 to the new Verso. The Verso is a lovely car and it drives beautifully in urban and country roads. The fuel economy is good and is very reliable. I never regretted my decision to drive a Toyota. I wish you all the best.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And can yoiu tell us how its running and driving??

I,am going to pick up my 2010 Verso 1600 today :driving:

A little early to give a full report on it, its my wifes car and she has only done 50 miles to date. Its a new car and has according to Toyota many small changes to the 2010 model. But she is very hapy with it. From my view its very well screwed together and based on the 5 miles I,ve driven it the ride on country roads is just right. Engine more than powerfull enough for our style of driving. Inside it feels very large with vast leg room in the rear seats. I,ve brought a very comprehensive. 5 year service pan, even includes 2 mots for just under £1200 and with 5 year warranty hope to have 5 years trouble free motoring, we shall see.

Good luck with your car, hopefully Toyota reliability will show through.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links