Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Parts

Starensis

My wife owns a 1998 Starlet S 1.3L & keeps nagging me to make it look less like a "Postman Pat" car, so I've decided to look at putting a rear spoiler on + some alloys.

Car currently has 13" steels ( look awful ) with 145/90/13 tyres ( came off a pram I think ). Looking to fit 14" alloys with possibly 175/55 tyres.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, does anyone know where I can obtain a spoiler at a reasonable price? Preferably painted.

hiya!

first of all, lmao @ "postman pat" :D :D :D

Alloys: you can fit a set of 15" with tyres 195/45/15 without any problems whatsoever. and since you're gonna get a set of alloys, u might wanna get a set of uprated suspensions as well. it is quite amazing how much better it handles (as proven on track)! :) and it wont look like its a off-roader as well!!!

Spoiler: look in the back of magazines. alot of companies sell cheap parts, then get a bodyshop to spray and fit it. shouldnt cost too much. the spoiler i got cost about £60, then cost me another £70-ish to have it custom fitted (needed abit of cutting) and sprayed! but it was about 3-4 yrs ago though

hope this helps, if not sorry! :(

uts,

Thanks for your reply.

15" alloys?? I used a tyre calculator to determine speedo inaccuracies & 15" gave me some major issues. Speedo would read 4-5mph higher than actual speed & add 6000 miles to odometer over 100000 miles!

Would the improved road holding etc be worth it?? Any good cheap sites for alloys?

I'll just have to keep looking for spoilers. Not willing to pay over the odds, so just have to bide my time.

:D :D :D

Hi, 15's should be fine toyota fitted them as standard on the sr model. It's a long shot but if you could find a sr starlet at a breakers then they have a rear spoiler on them.

I might have some -40mm PI springs for sale but the ride is a bit "harsh" :rolleyes:

I also have some clear side repeaters for the starlet if you want them. You can get clear fronts from toyota they make allot of difference if you have the orange ones on

Simon

Speedo would read 4-5mph higher than actual speed

better then under-reading right? at least there is less chance of earning 3 points and £60 fine!!! lol :D

add 6000 miles to odometer over 100000 miles!

in reality, does it really matter? i doubt it will bring down the value of your car by a large amount of money when it comes to selling it, £10 - £20 maybe?!?!?!

Would the improved road holding etc be worth it??

hell yeah! :D as long as the whole suspension is set up properly, you wont have any problems with 90% of the cars on the road through twisty roads! (beat an Evo through the chicanes @ castle combs last year :P so i think that says something)

go get the suspensions done, pick on some "fast cars" (Evos, scoobie, M3s etc) on the twistest road you can find and report back here with the results!!!! if the suspension is set up properly, very little amount of cars would be able to shake you off. the ride would be a bit harsh, but its all worth it when the opportunity comes!! :D

Just put some 16" wheels with 40 profile tyres on it and then drop it 40mm.

What car did you race the EVO in UTS? My friends got an EVO7 and there’s no way my GT can keep up with it round the bends or on the straights. :(

Not sure on this mate but the rear spoiler from toyotasera's (andy's) starlet that he might be braking might fit it's the older EP82 model though.

Simon

What car did you race the EVO in UTS?

i raced two Evos in my starlet (non-turbo)!!! :P :D

E5 & E6 TME. the E5 was on track and i'm sure it wasnt standard cos he lapped everyone during our track session (he lapped me on my third lap!!!! :angry: ) and i raced the E6 TME on a "private" road.

didnt get to meet the driver of the E5 (dont really want to neither, cos of other reason :angry: )

but my mate in the E6 said he couldn't keep up with me during the bends! :P and a mate of mine in a ITR said he couldnt lose me on his private twisty road neither!! so unless all 3 of them cant drive, i'm confident to say i can keep up with most cars on the road round bends! *trying not to be big-headed*

guess i forgot to mention i got left as if i was standing once we got on the straight! :P but thats a different story. :D

ep82: were you and ur mate driving in the dry or the wet?!?! if its in the wet, not surprised mate!!!!

sorry to say but find it impossible to believe that a starlet would beat a 4wd evo through the corners....

I know it's a small light car but would need some stupidly silly modifications to stand even the remotest chance IMHO....

I guess it's one of those you need to see it to believe it situations....

like i said, i'm not trying to be big headed and i'm guessing the people who has read this tread now think of me as "one of those lil kids who thinks they are "it" cos he thinks he can beat an Evo and probably the Evo wasnt even trying". if thats peoples' opinion fair enough, but like you said rhaines, its one of those situation you need to see to believe. and like i stated before, if the suspension set-up is done correctly. i'll take back what i said about beating the evos (i'll take that as been badly driven), but i'm confident enough to say it can keep up with them though.

i have no intension to start an argument with anyone or to be bitchy. but i was pruely stating my personal experience on and off track with the modifications done to my car.

to safe future agruments (and probably my reputation as well! :( )i'm gonna stop here regarding this topic. :ph34r:

ep82: were you and ur mate driving in the dry or the wet?!?! if its in the wet, not surprised mate!!!!

He's one of my best friends so I’ve raced him in all weather conditions and on different types of road and haven’t beaten him.

Does your car come with the front and rear strut braces?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links