Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Windscreen Wash Pump On 07 Avensis

ianfield

Ive just had a the pump fail..I think it was due to over use during the wet weather & also they don't like an empty reservoir or sediment accumulating in the bottom of the tank.

I knew it was the pump because when I operated the stick it made the wipers work but not the sprayer & they are on the same circuit..if neither work...check fuses.

Was quoted £250 at the garage to replace it..so I called up ALLPARTS. they quoted £160 for a replacement.. stuff that, so I went on line.

I found a company in Bradford who delivered a new pump for £9.99 ! Happy days !

I removed drivers side front wheel & undid the 2 screws of the wheel arch housing, plus another attaching it to the bumper (bit of a b8stard Philips screw underneath but it came away ok).

you'll see the white plastic reservoir & the 2 pumps on the side with water tubes attached..

The white pump nearest to you is the rear wash & the black pump to its right is the windscreen washer.

Tip...if you don't want to buy a new pump.. simply swap the 2 pump tubes over..

emergency repair lol.. REAR WASH & WIPERS ARE NOT IN THE MOT - fact... !

The water tubes come off easily but I had to use a big screwdriver to prise the pump out of the reservoir & its slot - built in the reservoir. Be brave. Its held in by a rubber gasket. disconnect the electrical connector using a flat screwdriver to lift the side tab.

Shoved in new pump having connected the electric plug & water tube.. had to get a bit rough here.. but a bit of Vaseline helped.

The grommets holding the Plastic engine undercover are crap.. I had to use a few Tie Wraps to put it back in place...!

Hey presto...it works... make sure you have a tray to collect the wash water tho.. & £240 quid..IN MY POCKET ... SAVED...!

• Like 1

Hello Ian - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved to the Avensis club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links