Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius On Tv

SilverT4

No I don't watch Emmerdale - honest! I just happened to be in the room whilst my wife was watching it. Two of the characters were stood in front of a silver car. It didn't show a full view, but both my wife and I were convinced it was a Prius.

Did anybody else see it ? I wonder if its going to be a regular star in Emmerdale ?

Ecky thump. Now i'll have to start watching Emmerdale every night to see if it appears again.

No you're not mad - it came from us (Toyota (GB). We lend cars to productions, mostly TV, but a few movies too, as a way of getting exposure.

Here's a list of what to look out for in the coming months.

Murphy’s Law, Monday evenings BBC1 at 2100 hours has Green Avensis for Murphy. Ep.2 this Monday and then series continues for a further 4 episodes.

Emmerdale ITV 1900 hrs weekdays ITV. Prius

Programmes in the pipeline without transmission date yet assigned:

Love in a Cold Climate: Land Cruiser

Waking The Dead: Lexus RX300 for Trevor Eve

When I'm 64: Land Cruiser

Spooks: Lexus RX300, LS430 and Avensis

Doc Martin : Lexus LS430

Trial and Retribution: Avensis, IS300, SC430 Amazon

Blackpool : SC430

Frances Tuesday: Avensis

The Commander: SC430 and other vehicles from both ranges

The Puritan (cinema): Land Cruiser, Avensis and Previa

If you are really unluckily you'll catch me on TV (cable of satellite only - in a half hour documentary we did on the Rally Prius called Battery Chargers. I'm the thin, good looking one, not.

Scott

Ah so it was a Prius.

However ..... when the guy got in the car and started it up there was the sound of a conventional starter motor and petrol engine firing up. Looks like they had to dub the sound of an 'old fashioned car' as of course the Prius would have been totally silent.

If you missed Thursdays edition ...... don't forget the weekend omnibus. I'll have to ask my wife when its on.

I find that if you take a stiff drink 10 minutes before it starts, it helps you get through the ordeal.

Scott,

If you find out when the rally program is on satellite, let us know. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Better than that - e-mail me your address and I'll get a dvd copy to you. Not illegal since we paid for the production in first place.

That now reads like a double dose of shameless plugging - the company AND me personally. Feel free to use it as a bird scarer after viewing.

Scott

Thanks for the offer of the DVD, I really appreciate that.

Sorry I can't email you as I am not a gold member (yet)

If you could email me, then I can reply with my address.

Better than that - e-mail me your address and I'll get a dvd copy to you. Not illegal since we paid for the production in first place.

Could I be cheeky and ask for either the DVD or a date and time the programme is on please?

Sorry, I can't tell you when it will be on as I don't know.

Scott

• 1 month later...

Eeh by gum, it were on Emmerdale again tonight with much more exposure than last time. But why do they have to dub over the sound of a starter motor ?

Im must be careful .... i'm in danger of becoming addicted to Emmerdale!

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard from Emmerdale that the Prius should be featured

from today 5th July to the 10th.

Scott

Oh no! Do I have to watch Emmerdale for a whole week ? This is just too much for any grown man to take.

Why don't they drive it across the pennines and leave it in Coronation Street ? It would be a good test to see how long it would be before the wheels and the hi-fi were removed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links