Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Auris Hatchback (Not Hybrid) Space Saver Wheel Surround

ihearttoyota

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the length of this thread.

I'd decided to buy a space saver wheel to replace the puncture repair stuff.

When I picked up the wheel, they'd given me a tapered screw to hold the wheel down, and I'd also ordered some polystyrene adhesive blocks to prevent damage to the spare wheel bay.

The problem I have is this- the piece of boot floor overlying the spare wheel bay is now pretty floppy, as it now lacks support from below which had not been a problem when the inflation kit/jack was in, as it had a 'holder' occupying the space meant for a spare wheel (if you get my gist)

I was wondering whether anyone else had this problem? There's also nowhere else to put the jack and the other tools. Looking in the owners manual, models that get a space saver wheel show there to be a polystyrene surround going AROUND the space saver spare, presumably to provide floor support and also to keep the jack etc.

Does anyone know whether you can order this polystyrene bit? My main dealer can't understand what I mean!

Thanks everyone

Send Parts King a personal message giving details of your car and what you're looking for (Parts KIng - see The Community page, scroll down to Sponsors Corner, and he is there under Lindop Toyota).

• Like 1

The fitting of a spare wheel, in a car shipped without one is a bit of a compromise, there is a list parts from Toyota to supply and fit a wheel but it does leave the boot floor a bit lumpy and unsupported.

I have attached a list from Toyota of the parts they list as well as a picture of the boot floor set up, this shows 3 additional parts 1 tray that sits on the wheel the tools fit here, the others are trims that surround the wheel one carries the jack, the only issue with the side trims are they are designed to fit onto studs sticking out if the floor, these studs are missing on a car not built with a standard spare. The part numbers of these trims are:

64777-02240

64997-02100-C0

64995-02110-C0

post-45863-0-63496500-1392497267_thumb.p

post-45863-0-25911300-1392497274_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much both of you- very grateful for the help. The parts list is amazing! I notice I never got a toolbag that they'd ordered...

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Had a similar issue recently with my new Toyota in December. Got the spare wheel but with the wrong polystyrene insert. Happily my dealership got hold of the right one. This then meant I had the wrong length jack handle! Again they sorted this out.

But like you I'm not sure if I received all of the correct kit - seem Toyota are in a bit of a mess with something I should think shouldn't be that hard.

Hope you got your toolbag.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links