Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Coolant Problems

gary mcc

@ Gary MCC no problems mate - hope you get sorted out one way or another.

No surprise Japanese brands are on top one way or another - Wow that's amazing the difference between the Octavia, Passat and A4 considering that they share so many components - I think the VW and Audis prob have more up to date things to go wrong like electronic handbrakes etc.

The Lexus GS is the daddy....I'll have a GS450h please!

@ Gary MCC no problems mate - hope you get sorted out one way or another.

No surprise Japanese brands are on top one way or another - Wow that's amazing the difference between the Octavia, Passat and A4 considering that they share so many components - I think the VW and Audis prob have more up to date things to go wrong like electronic handbrakes etc.

The Lexus GS is the daddy....I'll have a GS450h please!

They all share the same crap componets, engines, gearboxs and electrics :D

I used to have an IS200, went to a GS430 and right now I have a Toyota Aristo Twin Turbo

Really?? I always thought a 1.9 TDi Octavia is as tough and reliable as most things out there. Personally I think the German stuff always has more niggly faults than jap cars, but due to the amount of VAG cars on the road mechanics know them inside out and aftermarket parts are a plenty.

Really?? I always thought a 1.9 TDi Octavia is as tough and reliable as most things out there. Personally I think the German stuff always has more niggly faults than jap cars, but due to the amount of VAG cars on the road mechanics know them inside out and aftermarket parts are a plenty.

Dont get me wrong they have issues like the avensis. eg,

oil pump failures

shim faliures causing the camshaft to vibrate and snap

electrics are poor.

interiors do not wear well, seats collapse.

other things that ammuse me..

the maf, the airflow sensor, abs sensors, tacho, egr and other sensors require them to be coded to the ecu.

The best thing in these cars are the 1.9tdi engine for fuel efficency.

so yes they very good if you want to want a can of worms.

Dont get me wrong they have issues like the avensis. eg,

oil pump failures

shim faliures causing the camshaft to vibrate and snap

electrics are poor.

interiors do not wear well, seats collapse.

other things that ammuse me..

the maf, the airflow sensor, abs sensors, tacho, egr and other sensors require them to be coded to the ecu.

The best thing in these cars are the 1.9tdi engine for fuel efficency.

so yes they very good if you want to want a can of worms.

Pretty much like I thought, more niggly problems than the avensis..but I think they are a lovely solid car for the money.

I hope you get your problem sorted Gary.

We have two avensis diesels in the family, one is a taxi. but we both have the previous 2.0 d4d diesel engine 2003-2006,

They are both going strong.

We are glad we chose these over the octavia, the avensis has alot more room inside and is much more comfortable to drive than octavia maybe because its based on the vw golf. as mentioned the only thing I feel I am missing out is the extra fuel economy on the 1.9 pd engine,and maybe cheaper parts, but we are still averaging 40-49mpg.

another popular choice for taxi's is the Ford and Vauxhalls, I do not believe these are also built for the job, These have engine failures too. (had a 1.9 cdti vectra)

I definitely recommend contacting Toyota GB.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/contactus

what cars have you had previously on taxi's?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links