Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Avensis 2.0 D4D Engine Booming Noise 2000 Rpm

cea

My 2008 65k 2.0 D4D has developed a bit of a 'booming' noise between 1500 and 2000 rpm (approx). The car runs fine and has nothing obvious wrong and was recently serviced by my local Toyota main dealer (though they are not that good) with no faults. Anyone had anything similar ?

My 2008 65k 2.0 D4D has developed a bit of a 'booming' noise between 1500 and 2000 rpm (approx). The car runs fine and has nothing obvious wrong and was recently serviced by my local Toyota main dealer (though they are not that good) with no faults. Anyone had anything similar ?

It will most likely be the air filter box/plastic pipe resonating due to the foam ring perishing between them, it can be fixed with a bit of diy ;), there have been lots of Avensis owners on here with the same old problem over the years

Pete.

• Like 1

SInce I have been away sounds liek you have still giving 100% advice!

Glad you are back on mate, you are a hard act to follow, your knowledge on the Avensis is legend in my opinion without any disrespect to others on here. :yes:

Pete :thumbsup:

Glad you are back on mate, you are a hard act to follow, your knowledge on the Avensis is legend in my opinion without any disrespect to others on here. :yes:

stop it pal. if my head gets bigger and I am unable to get out of the house, its your fault!

I am not even technical :batman:

stop it pal. if my head gets bigger and I am unable to get out of the house, its your fault!

Doesn't matter mate you always come on here with top advice, usually brief but to the point :-)

Pete.

Doesn't matter mate you always come on here with top advice, usually brief but to the point :-)

Pete.

i guess let the advice begin! lol

Old piece of bike inner tube and calm is restored. Thanks for the advice fella's.

Old piece of bike inner tube and calm is restored. Thanks for the advice fella's.

Result!

Result!

Guess what,

after giving out the advice in the first place I looked at my own car today :) and guess what ..... the foam part was almost shot, not making any noise but I replaced it anyway .

Prevention is always better than a cure ;).

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links