Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise!

Neil ni

09 avensis tr estate 1.8 petrolpost-138394-0-48809600-1394053124_thumb.

The pic shows my car at the bottom and a new avensis from a local Toyota dealer at the top, could this corner door trim make a difference in the wind noise I here in my car from that area of my front doors?

I read in another post that this trim is ment to help wind noise?

Thanks neil

Hi, Neil,

If i see it right there is small change in that trim that should MAYBE help to channel less turbulent air between mirror and window. Mostly air is following slightly/ smoothly bent surface and this little "wing" might do some trick, but in my opinion Toyota had some issues about this wind noise and this is some kind of solution. Best thing to do is try the other car, maybe decibel meter (simple phone app) would helpt to have a real picture if it is worth spending money.

Mr.D

Yea think I will try and drive another car also need to price the trim piece hopefully it's not too dear, can't see Toyota making a new trim for no reason. Good to no if any Toyota mechanics new any better!?

Part numbers for the later gussets with spoilers are:

RH 60117-05021

LH 60118-05021

Comparing all the fittings, seals & mirrors these gusset panels are the only thing around that area that could contribute to wind noise that where actually changed nothing else has been altered at all since launch.

Nice one ill price them tomorrow thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links