Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ev Ready

spideman887

Picked up my new yaris trend hybrid on Saturday,really enjoying it. Theres one thing thats playing on my mind when the ev ready lights up on my dashboard do i have to press the ev button or does it do it automatically(totally new to hybrids). Thanks in advance for any help.

The "Ready" light is just an indicator that the car is fully powered up and ready for you to select drive, the EV button is used to select electric only drive when/if available. TBH I don't bother with the EV or ECO buttons the car will drive in electric EV only as often as possible when conditions are suitable.

As Lee has mentioned above, it's just the car telling you that it's ready to go. It's a handy indicator for the driver, as we don't have the sound of an engine idling. Nothing to press, just drop in D and away you go.

I keep mine in ECO Mode all the time, but I don't bother with EV Mode. When you're at a suitable speed, and have sufficient Battery charge, the HSD will decide for itself to go into electric.