Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Illumination/night Light (Auris 2007)

Sc4rblood

Hello,

I was installing a FM modulator to my auris 2007 and I connected it to the switched +12V from the cd player and by mistake I used the green, illumination cable as ground. It was already too late before I realized my mistake :).

Now when I turn on the headlights (from the turn signal switch) the interior illumination lights won't light up (cd player, fan control etc.) and the dash lights doesn't dim on "night mode".

So my question is which switch or relay is broken and where in the car can I find it, so I hopefully can replace or fix it.

As a temporarily fix I have connect all the illumination lights to the switched +12V.

Thanks in advance!

I presume the "green" illumination feed to the CD player is a switched 12 volt feed into the unit. I doubt any switches or relays are involved tbh, if your lucky a fuse might be in circuit, if your unlucky then that fuse could be in the form of an electronic component known as a CP or circuit protector and as such would be integrated onto the appropriate circuit board.

(I'm just surmising as to the likely operation of the circuit from your description. tbh it sounds as though a little bit more has gone astray and perhaps not just getting that wire wrong)

Yes, the green illumination feed is a switched 12V and all the illumination lights are connected to that feed. I guess as you say it's the circuit that controls the illumination lights in the car and dims the dashboard that is damaged, which is controlled by a 3-position switch ( off, parking- and headlights).

Later I will take the car apart and try to find that circuit, but it will really help if someone knew where its located and how it's working.

It takes a lot (current wise) to damage a switch and even more to damage a relay. Its far more likely the illumination feed is protected by a fuse of some sort... but what form that takes I don't know. Don't overlook the obvious... check all the small value fuses in the user accessible fuse boxes. Take them out and measure them on your meter.

The problem is solved. It was fuse no. 2 (7,5A) in the box under the dash that was burned out. Thanks Mooly for pointing out about the fuse

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links