Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intermediate Service Price Confusion!

Birty

My dealer telling me its £169 but toyota website says £149 for my 59 plate 1.8l..should i question this and he has never mentioned hybrid health check included? Maybe didn't need too but i also notice the intermediate is basically an oil change! Not changing spark plugs and air filter surely is required every 10k miles??

It is down to the dealer as to whether or not they participate in Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme - I would imagine that Block Exemption legislation prevents a car manufacturer from insisting dealers participate.

As regards what each service replaces, look at your Toyota Service & Warranty booklet. According to mine, the air filter is replaced every 40,000 miles or 4 years, whichever occurs first, and spark plugs every 60,000 miles.

Regarding participation in Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme and the Hybrid Health Check - if in doubt, ask the question of the dealer.

• Like 1

Thanks. A few phone calls for best price tomorrow i think! Aint gonna pay more than Toyota say on principle!

I heard the prices were being increased slightly to incorporate the new hybrid service, but that it hadn't been fully agreed yet.

Any dealers know if this is true?

I heard the prices were being increased slightly to incorporate the new hybrid service, but that it hadn't been fully agreed yet.

The cost of a Service on Hybrids went up by £10 on 14th January to coincide with the launch of the HHC

• Like 1

The cost of a Service on Hybrids went up by £10 on 14th January to coincide with the launch of the HHC

Bit misleading really - the Toyota webpage on Fixed Price Servicing states:

*Free Hybrid Health Check now included with any Hybrid Service.

See: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

So is the Hybrid Health Check free or is there an in-built charge of £10?

Even so the £149 that Birty has quoted seems to be the current price on the Toyota website.

Bit misleading really - the Toyota webpage on Fixed Price Servicing states:

*Free Hybrid Health Check now included with any Hybrid Service.

See: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

So is the Hybrid Health Check free or is there an in-built charge of £10?

Even so the £149 that Birty has quoted seems to be the current price on the Toyota website.

Should have added prices of some some non hybrid services also went up, a few even came down.

Questioned £20 price difference with dealer and they tell me its because they include a emissions check and flush? Not sure really what that is but it should have been explained to me it was a option and i dont need to have it! All sounds like an excuse to me to get another £20 without asking me. All a bit naughty so i think i will cancel and go elsewhere who have quoted me £149 including hybrid health check.

Presume the 'flush' is using something like Forte engine flush

Spanish dealers have the HHC as an optional extra at €25 + VAT as part of the service, or €40 + VAT separately

Yeah, would opt out of the flush unless there is an actual problem it can solve; The general consensus is that doing engine flushes as a routine is actually bad for the engine, esp. older high duty ones, as it strips the surfaces and can cause it to burn more oil.

If it needs doing shouldn't it be part of the service anyway?? Just dont like how they were gonna do it and charge without the option being asked! I will ask my 'new' dealer if they offer it as a option?

Why would they do an emissions check, the Prius is exempt from emission checks in the MOT test ?

Also how would they do one, the engine won't idle for long enough ?

If they do a flush, insist that the engine oil is sparklingly clean afterwards.

A proper engine flush consists of putting the additive in and running it for a while then draining and refilling with flushing oil and running for a while then draining and fitting a new filter and fresh engine oil. The stdealer will miss out the middle step of filling with flushing oil and draning.

LOL, emissions check on a Hybrid and power flush (kills 99.9% of bacteria in the toilet bowl?), sounds like a pure snake oil dealer.

The girl who told me about why they are charging me extra £20 sounded flustered when I asked why and went to her manager who said 'emission check and flush for better emissions' . Don't think she fully understood so I didn't push it further. Just convinced me to try another dealer!!

My dealer did exactly the same and I only discovered after the service they had charged £20 more than the Toyota Fixed Price.

I wrote to the Dealer Principal and said I thought that a bit sneaky. We had a nice chat, and now at all subsequent services they haven't done it again. I also note the price on the board behind the counter has come down to match the Toyota website now, so I hope they're not doing to anyone else either.

• 3 weeks later...

Inter service completed and v happy with new dealer! Collect and drop off included too!! Just wish there was a toyota national data base so that service history is added and available too all dealers to see? Some dealers only put work done onto their own data base!

Mazda have had a digital service record since before 2006. Remember the new 323 and new Premacy we bought in 2003 had this - all service history was digital, and one was given a print out when a service was completed. You could pop into any Mazda dealer and, with sufficient proof of ownership, get a print of the service history

New Dealer said last service not recorded , so i rang last dealer and he said we only keep data on their own system.. Roe Toyota in Hull. No book stamp either, which really annoys me! I bought it there and shoulda checked at the time but assumed main dealer would do this!

Just wish there was a toyota national data base so that service history is added and available too all dealers to see? Some dealers only put work done onto their own data base!

I thought all Toyota dealers updated the central system with service history.

You learn something everyday.

you can see all the visits to dealers going back a long time and what they did on that MyToyota website. I've used it to discover a couple of incorrect details about my car, and the dealer has then put them right and updated that database.

Inter service completed and v happy with new dealer! Collect and drop off included too!! Just wish there was a toyota national data base so that service history is added and available too all dealers to see? Some dealers only put work done onto their own data base!

Most dealers run a DMS called V8, if they operate that system it will always be available for other dealers to see. You could always sign up for My Toyota where you can see all your history

http://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/my-Toyota

• Like 1

thanks for that tip Kingo....

have put both cars on the system, which should make any sale in the far future, far easier

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links