Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Paseo Purchase

Sparkle

Hello newbie here, went looking for a new car for my girlfriend at the weekend and stumbled on a paseo st, never seen or heard of one before, she fell in love with it, so i thought the best place to find out about it is here, it looks like we are definatly getting it and if she does she will be on here alot hence i set an acount with her details ! ;)

A few questions that worried me:

What should i look for around and inside before purchase, any tale tale signs or common faults.

how do they run seems smooth so far!

are parts easy cheap to get hold of, standard and modding

are they compatible with any of the other toyotas, i.e running the same engine

and is 2995 reasonable for a P plate st with 68K on the clock.

cheers in advance any help most welcome, new to the toyota set ! :wacko:

Hey, good choice! :D

No unusual faults other than some of them have rear shock probs, worth checking they're not leaking.

Parts aren't bad, it shares some mechanicals with the Starlet & Sera with little bits & pieces from other stuff like the Celica.

Modding is a bit of a nightmare, not much stuff about in the UK - makes it more fun though! :unsure::blink: :D

Price seems ok if it's at a garage, maybe a little over priced.

Oh & check it had it's cambelt changed at 60k. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps. B)

lol, si beat me to it again :P

good choice on the paseo - i was trying to find a post someone did with the parkers guide info in it

if i can find it ill post it here..

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

J

Cheers for the quick reply will check out the shocks, as for the modding i like a challange but my girlfrinds impatient !!!

it is a garage and a three month warrenty with fTOYOTAsh which you cant complain about !!

Lacks character and sporting ability

I'm insulted!! :lol:

Sparkle the FTSH sounds good. Attached is a pic of a fairly mental Seo from Malta, keep in mind most of the stuff done was custom!

Check out the TOC garage to see what us mortals have done to ours. :thumbsup:

post-47-1084797659.jpg

Lacks character and sporting ability

I'm insulted!! :lol:

Sparkle the FTSH sounds good. Attached is a pic of a fairly mental Seo from Malta, keep in mind most of the stuff done was custom!

Check out the TOC garage to see what us mortals have done to ours. :thumbsup:

Now theres where we are heading B) , some good news in the parkers stuff and some dodgy opinions on style, i think it looks ace and a 2 door coupe style cant fail to be sporty can it !

Welcome to TOC

My m8 has a blue SI which has a better spec I think - they are nice and cheap to insure

Later

no mate, is it this months?

J

Yea this months.

It's not a feature - he must have convoyed with Redline & the Autovision guys up to Donny, there's a little pic of the car on the motorway which looks cool & a weird pic of Oli with oil on his face! :blink:

Welcome to the club, I think everythings already been covered :thumbsup:

And if anyone reckons theres no room in the back, a mate from work travelled with me down to the Elvington drag meet yesterday, he's 6'4" and so am I. AND he was in the back :P

Mind you he's only 4'2" today :lol:

Good Choice.

Bit expensive try for £2500.

Rear shocks are occassionally leaky at arround that milage. Also make sure you got to key alarms as they do sometimes play up. Otherwise they will go on forever.

Where are you located?

Also what colour is it?

Good Luck in the haggle.

:thumbsup:

u can have mine for 2500, 93k on the clock but have a bodykit on it and fsh

u can have mine for 2500, 93k on the clock but have a bodykit on it and fsh

Shame, did the deal this morning pic it up on sat, got a little reduction on price but negotiated a few extras which made it a good deal, heres to hunting for the mods, sure we'll have lots of questions! :blink:

hey guys,

first of all welcome "sparkle" another fresh member....lol

yeah theres a pic of mine in this months redline "motorway shot" as we headed up in the redline convoy wiv about 20 ova cars, as there were filming for there new dvd.

bout the pic wiv oil on my face..... :lol: well if ya look left of the pic you will see me wiv my head up my mates 7" ehaust pipe on his 300zx!

jus seen latest fast car... theres a lil pic in there 2! haha

also did tell ya all that i was in a tv program the ova week...with the car of course! i sounded such an idiot! lol but still all good coverage for the paseo front!!!

neways see sum of ya at jap fest!

oli

• 2 weeks later...

hi oli could i be cheeky and ask if you would send me some more pictures of your motor as i have just got a paseo and need ideas. thank mate.

cherrybakewell2000@hotmail.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links