Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid In Cornwall

2StrokeSteve

According to what Toyota told Autocar, it will be available to UK buyers in May.

Ok thanks for the info, something to bare in mind, only a few weeks away....

Cheers, Steve

Does the hybrid Yaris have Hill Start Assist?

It's standard on the Gen3 Prius and Auris and makes hill starts a breeze.

Mine gets lots of use around Dartmoor when I am there. :)

If it does thats news to me....I still do it the old fashioned way. Where is this gizmo then?

If it does thats news to me....I still do it the old fashioned way. Where is this gizmo then?

According to the Toyota Europe site the Yaris Hybrid has Hill Start Assist....(Hybrid Exclusive Features...Safety)

http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars/yaris/index.tmex

When in Drive press your Brake until the car stops. Now ease your foot up a little but not off, and then press it down hard. The car should beep and the traction light will flash. Hill Start has been engaged. Now when you let your foot off the brake, the car will hold steady for 2 or 3 seconds giving you time to press the accelerator. If you don't press the accelerator in this time, the car will double beep and release the brakes causing car to roll back slightly.

Very useful and had cause to use it today. I wonder if its only the Prius that gets it because it doesn't have a traditional handbrake?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, putting the new purchase on hold until we know more.... we’ll along as we don’t get to close to the end of the 0% offers....

Cheers, Steve

Upgrade of the interior will be welcome - hopefully the infamous rear parcel shelf, described by a road-tester as "..one of the most wretchedly low-rent parcel shelves offered by any manufacturer. I suppose it's nice to know that someone has found a use for empty cereal packets..,", has been improved.

Upgrade of the interior will be welcome - hopefully the infamous rear parcel shelf, described by a road-tester as "..one of the most wretchedly low-rent parcel shelves offered by any manufacturer. I suppose it's nice to know that someone has found a use for empty cereal packets..,", has been improved.

The sad thing is that such shoddy quality was allowed to be the final product!?! Who's responsible? It's the little things that add to overall owner satisfaction.

Reminds me of the M6 Toll Road where they used 2.5 million pulped Mills & Boon paperbacks to hold the tarmac and asphalt of the top surface together. They also act as an effective sound absorber.

When in Drive press your Brake until the car stops. Now ease your foot up a little but not off, and then press it down hard.

You don't need to ease your foot up. Just keep pressing the brake pedal further down until you get the beeps and the flashing light. It's a bit strange at first because you don't expect to be able to push the brake pedal further than it can go. But you do have to be in drive ( D or B ) or reverse ( R ). It doesn't work in park ( P ).
  • Like 2

Does the hybrid Yaris have Hill Start Assist?

It's standard on the Gen3 Prius and Auris and makes hill starts a breeze.

Mine gets lots of use around Dartmoor when I am there. :)

My 2014 Icon+ Hybrid does although I rarely use it. Or at least I think it does. A hard press on the brake pedal when stationary and you get a beep to tell you it's been set, then you get 2 secs to move from brake to accelerator pedal when you wish to move. If this is not called "Hill Start Assist" I stand corrected.

Brian

OK found the Hill Start Assist. It is fitted on my 2012 Yaris HSD. Mind you I have managed quite well doing hill starts properly for 34 years. So much like the B position on the gears I shan't be using it much. Thanks anyway Big T.. Guess I should be less blokish and actually read the Flippin Manual. :flowers:

My 2014 Icon+ Hybrid does although I rarely use it. Or at least I think it does. A hard press on the brake pedal when stationary and you get a beep to tell you it's been set, then you get 2 secs to move from brake to accelerator pedal when you wish to move. If this is not called "Hill Start Assist" I stand corrected.

Brian

Yup. That is Hill Start Assist.

Also works when doing a hill start reversing uphill :)

Off to order mine tomorrow, were not to fussed with the facelift, from what the sales manager found out it doesn’t look like it will be available for delivery until September so out of the 0% offer. Plus might be able to wangle a better discount on the current model...

Now Deep Aqua or Decuma Grey...

Cheers, Steve

Doubt whether Toyota would release details of the facelift in April if deliveries weren't going to be available until September, as this would affect sales throughout the busiest sales period (July and August), with some people hanging on for the facelift.

Just going from what I heard, might be so I didn’t hold out for another month or so... but I don’t want to hold out for a possible May release date as this isn’t confirmed. I want to buy it’s during the 0% offer when this finishes I might as well but 2nd hand/pre-registered.

Cheers, Steve

Let us know how you get on with the price Stephen as I'm also about to plunge, still can't decide though, Yaris else Auris, but the £750 / £1k off and 0% is the deal maker for me, however, I want a good wedge off with no PX and a facelift Yaris on the horizon.

Let us know how you get on with the price Stephen as I'm also about to plunge, still can't decide though, Yaris else Auris, but the £750 / £1k off and 0% is the deal maker for me, however, I want a good wedge off with no PX and a facelift Yaris on the horizon.

Does seem like a good time to buy if you are not fussed about the next best thing, I just can’t see Toyota offering a New model on that great finance package. The nicer interior material would be nice but I’m not overly fused.

Drivethedeal.com are showing £2749.48 (£13845.52) off the basic Icon + with no metallic paint. £14227 with metallic paint.

Some ammo to take with me....

Cheers, Steve

Steve, also have a look at Buyacar and Broadspeed if you have time tonight.

I used this ammunition with my dealer in February and they got close enough to save me the hassle of travelling to collect a new car as delivery to Scotland was a bit expensive.

Thanks for the addition information, buyacar was a good price, closest to Drivethedeal.

All extra ammo to take with me, would be nice to have a WK registration again...

Oh I’m leaning towards the deep aqua....

Cheers, Steve

Off to order mine tomorrow, were not to fussed with the facelift, from what the sales manager found out it doesn’t look like it will be available for delivery until September so out of the 0% offer. Plus might be able to wangle a better discount on the current model... Now Deep Aqua or Decuma Grey... Cheers, Steve

Decuma Grey! :)

I'd vote for the deep Aqua colour - I'm not even sure that it is in fashion or suits the car, but I just love the colour. Really disappointed it wasn't available on the Trend. Ended up going with the pearlescent white. Come to think of it, did I just pay £600 for sparkles? Oh nuts...

I hope that your local dealer plays ball tomorrow. It makes a big difference if you have a dealer that cares and treats you fairly. £200 off the mark from the internet brokers is neither here nor there over three years, but £2500? I'm not going to work for a month for my car salesman! As long as you are serious about doing a deal, if they are any good they will do their best to meet your reasonable demands. I think it helped that I mentioned that I really wanted their name on the number plate, rather than 'Bognor Regis Toyota'.

Good luck!

David

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links