Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

53831 Head Unit Swap Out For B9004

Bainite1964

Hi guys in need of a bit of help.

Decided to swap out my 53831 6 disc head unit in my 2010 Rav 4 for a used B9004 sat nav unit.

All the connections have swapped over that were present. Strangely the reversing camera loom is not present. Anyway everything seems to work with exception of voice control swc unit says no voice detected. 53831 had blutooth and mic that worked OK.

Also using new 2013/2014 sat nav disc the unit recognised it but when driving and using sat nav current position does not update on map only if stopped at junction for a period of time. Also had dirty disc error a few times but disc in perfect condition

Is there anything I need to check for. Could this be a disc problem or speed control wire problem or unit fault. Not sure what to look for. I thought this would be an easy swap out. Don't want to look a Pratt in returning B9004 unit if nothing wrong with it.

I believe that SCHM is the expert for this . so any advice or helpful hints.

Have control of sat nav while driving so may be speed pulse wire or lack of it. Will check loom again. Is it possible there is no E57 connector on the loom. Will have another look tomorrow when its drier.

Many thanks

I would be very interested in the answer to this, as it is an upgrade I would like to carry out in time.

Hi billysbones

I wanted the B9004 as I think it looks better in the dash. Unfortunately the unit I brought is being sent back as it won't recognise the map DVD anymore. Only worked a day. I suspect the laser pick up. As my rav is a non nav version the loom is missing relevant connectors. I can wire the vss wire to the relevant pin but also need to find connections for mic as connections are different. I couldn't get another B9004 unit as it would take a few weeks and I suspect the dvd reader could be a problem. I was offered a tns510 so I may go for this, but still need to add vss wire. The tns510 is more if a retro fit and originally comes with a loom to wire in. So now I have a 2013/2014 map disc to sell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links