Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eco Application

Tico_man

I have a 2014 Rav4, and it comes with the ECO Application that display average miles/gallon etc.

Just wondering how people use this application ?

- do you reset the miles/gallon every time you fill up ?

- how often do you update/clear the information ?

Just trying to find the best/correct way to use the application to measure gasoline consumption .

thanks

BTW, this is a great site

People will have different views but the key thing is to check the accuracy of the display against brim to brim fuel usage vs miles travelled. Some Ravs can be quite accurate - others can be optimistic. Personally, I rarely reset the display on the basis that I'm interested in a long term view of average consumption covering a variety of driving.

People will have different views but the key thing is to check the accuracy of the display against brim to brim fuel usage vs miles travelled. Some Ravs can be quite accurate - others can be optimistic. Personally, I rarely reset the display on the basis that I'm interested in a long term view of average consumption covering a variety of driving.

I have found mine to be reasonably accurate but brim to brim is the only accurate way.

Out of interest, if you press the "Car" button on the Sat Nav/Audio unit you should get a trip by trip record of your mpg. This seems to be triggered automatically when you start/stop the engine..

Also, you can force the average mpg display to reset by holding down the display button on the steering wheel at any time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links