Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've Been Busy Pulling Car Apart

Ashtons99

I fitted a parrot handsfree unit to the car last week and today I fitted a auto fold mirror module...the 9 wire unit like the one Tarquin posted about.

Both tasks were not too difficult but need a bit of practical know how and in the case of the mirror unit some understanding of vehicle electrics and soldering skills.

The parrot works really well and went into the car neatly.

What I love about the car is how easily the interior comes apart, nearly every panel is just a push fit so to get to most parts it's just a matter of grab and pull!

Just looking for the next project on it now.

Nice one, plenty of projects to go at :euro:

Good suff Ashton

I am working on a auto close window idea to work in conjunction with the mirror mod. Function is, with engine off, and mirrors un-folded and the windows down, you can either operate the fob or touch the handle and the mirrors close, windows close and car is locked. Will require removing inner door panels and possibly running cables through the rubber grommet to the door pillar but summer is here and can spend some time playing

David

I fitted a parrot handsfree unit to the car last week and today I fitted a auto fold mirror module...the 9 wire unit like the one Tarquin posted about.

Both tasks were not too difficult but need a bit of practical know how and in the case of the mirror unit some understanding of vehicle electrics and soldering skills.

The parrot works really well and went into the car neatly.

What I love about the car is how easily the interior comes apart, nearly every panel is just a push fit so to get to most parts it's just a matter of grab and pull!

Just looking for the next project on it now.

I had a parrot handsfree unit to my last car in Africa a couple of years ago and it was very good !

Good suff Ashton

I am working on a auto close window idea to work in conjunction with the mirror mod. Function is, with engine off, and mirrors un-folded and the windows down, you can either operate the fob or touch the handle and the mirrors close, windows close and car is locked. Will require removing inner door panels and possibly running cables through the rubber grommet to the door pillar but summer is here and can spend some time playing

David

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150831596179 how about this David

I did look at this, using the compatibility checker it says its not for the iQ. though thats not always an issue. the one i found comes in a set of 2 and is partially plug and play with the original wiring harness

David

Hi David,

You may contact my friend Xavier (I think you already spoke to him?) as he bought by mistake a similar windows module, instead of buying the door module !

Will do Christophe, i have found a set of 2 one for each side that is plug and play. One wire to the window switch and another to lock sense point and maybe a permanent 12v supply. They fit behind the door panels

David

David,

By the way, do you know how it works?

If it just closes windows every time the doors are locked, that is not very suitable in hot summer, when we want to keep the windows half-open...

On my Citroen, the remote also controls windows :

- First click, all windows close.

- Second click, all half-open.

- Third click, they open more.

- Fourth click, closed again.

That is very convenient ! I wish I could find a similar gadget. :flowers:

I have seen a gadget which can do it in increments but requires a second key fob.for me i never open the windows unless buying food where you have to speak to a voice on a pillar HA HA or saying goodbye to someone. I never leave the windows open. Or if i am working on the car in the one day of summer we have here. You see i like A/C and the pollen filter. Maybe its because worked in A/C environments for 30 yrs and don't like humid conditions. The modules i saw were on the site you got your mirror module from

David

Thinking about it Christophe, maybe your Citroen has extra position micro switches in the window drive to give feedback as to where the window is at any given time

David

There are some very comprehensive heads up displays on that site also

David

Sorry, I'm lost what site are you mentioning here ?

The only link I found in the previous posts was about an eBay object ?

I am interested by HUDs, but I am afraid the cheap ones on the Net cannot be used with day-light as there is no projector ?

For my Citroen, I guess the system is quite simple: a 1-second timer to half-open the windows at the second attempt of locking doors... We could imagine the same thing on our IQs.

Ha now i am lost

When would you on the iQ want to be away from the car and bring the window down half way. The circuit i saw on Alib was one that you can do that with a second keyfob

David

Ok read it again Do you mean

1, The window is open

2, You lock the door and the window moves to half way then you go to lock it again and this time the window goes to the top

David

Yes David, you got it !

Actually, as mst of the time we prefer to leave the windows closed, I would see the ideal system as follow :

- locking the doors closes the windows if they were open

- locking the doors a second time (or may be use a specific remote/keyfob) would half-open the windows, switching on their motors for 1 second

- locking the doors again would close the windows.

don't you think it would be convenient ?

Christophe

mnnn not sure i personally would not have a need for it in fact i don't need auto closing windows as i don't open them Ha Ha but i guess as an add on to the auto closing mirrors maybe

David

When I lock my Smart... the left window (if it is opened) ... will close...

I thought that pressing the lock-key-remote twice would let the window where it is ...

I find the automatic closing very handy.... but alas it's only the left window.... but could be that my Smart is old and that it's supposed to be for right ànd left...:-D

Having the automatic windows closed would be very handy on the iQ... I have had the window on the right (passenger seat) down.. parked..and did not see it was all the way open... so ... a lot of rain came in... :-(

Shall i be booking a flight to Amsterdam then Peter? You can pick me up on your BMW

HaHa

David

• Like 1

I have ordered the modules

Standby for the next video

(Deep American voice) This summer coming to a theatre near you, the sequel

David

Hi David,

could you please give the link to the module you ordered?

Thanks

Christophe

Thank you David.
I already saw it, do you think the windows connector is the same on the IQ?
Probably.

Could it be located in the driver's door?

But this is a lot for 2 modules. Do you already have a "client" for the
second one?

Christophe

No Christophe the windows work independently so when in normal use one could be up and one down. There are 2 modules because one has to go in each door

David

OK thanks, now I understand !

However, in the driver's door there are all wires to operate both windows, so they could design a single module at this location...

When you'll install these modules, please take few photos, it may be useful for the rest of us... :flowers:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links