Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Air Con Temperatures

smokinmyman

1998 Avensis 1.8 pre vvti petrol.

I have just finished sorting out my air\con that didn't work when I bought the car.

I do now get cooling, but as this is my first Avensis, I don't know what the temperature of the air coming from the vents should be.

Specifics are

Ambient temperature 22.C

Temp at centre vents with air con on max cooling 8.C

Is this good? Or is it bad?

Has anyone stuck a thermometer in front of their vents to see. If you have or you know what the temp should be please let me know. It has been suggested by one person that this performance might be a bit dissapointing but he wasn't familiar with Avensis,s, he was speaking more generally.

i use driver side 21 and the passenger 21.5 most of the time...

but when it is very hot it is mostly like driver 20.5 passenger 21.5...

but it is also nice to turn of the Auto A/C and just open the windows... ;)

Thanks for your comments here, what i was trying to acertain is my aircon working as effectively as it should, i.e. is 8.0c at vents normal?

i have noticed that the comp. clutch does cycle on and off at pretty regular intervals, we are talking cycling probably on 5-6 seconds intervals. Again i'm not sure if this normal or may indicate a problem, anybody can advise?

8 degrees at the vent is right - the evaporator core temp will be at around 2 - 3 degrees to prevent icing. The fact that the compressor is cycling regularly confirms that it is cooling correctly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links