Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whistling And Screaming

NORTHERN_LAD

Hi to all,

I have a 2009 Rav4 2.2 diesel, one of the first 150 bhp.

Just recently I have noticed a whistling noise above 1500 revs which changes to a type of screaming noise when you take your foot off and is more noticeable in first and second gear.

The car has done 61k and has a fill service history. There isn't any smoke from the exhaust nor does it use any oil (0.5 lit in 4k miles) It pulls very well and gives good economy.

I have not had it looked at (listened to) yet but i suspect the turbo. Surely you would expect many more miles than this.

Regards

Keith

A fully serviced 09 Rav with 61K miles would be very unlikely to suffer from turbo wear / damage - not impossible but very unlikely. When these turbos get to that state it's frequently accompanied by heavy exhaust smoke and sometimes lack of power. Your symptoms are often reported, and it generally turns out to be a split induction hose, a loose hose clip or a gasket leak.

Thank you for your quick reply, its very reassuring. I will have to get someone to rev it whilst I have listen.

Keith

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links