Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Spray Pattern From Washers... Here Is A Quick Tip

Mooly

I had been noticing for some time that the spray pattern from one of my washers was poor. Poor then became more of a "gushing torrent" that barely reached the bottom of the screen. There was no lack of water, just no fine spray pattern. A visual inspection showed nothing, and these plastic nozzles are not like washers of old with their metal inserts that you could clear with a pin. The spray pattern was so poor I really did wonder if some piece had actually been dislodged, however......

I wondered if it could be lime scale... and so I undid the pipe at the nozzle and tried feeding some bathroom cleaner into the jet. No good. I contorted to try and blow down the pipe... that was no good either !

Abandoning the problem for the moment I suddenly thought... compressed air... and I had one of those cheapo cans (poundland) of the stuff. Without even raising the bonnet I held the cans straw as close to the jet aperture as possible and gave it a good blast. The force of water that shot out of the "good" washer on the other side had to be seen to be believed. The washer bottle made a strange gurgling sound, and I just knew this was going to work. Quick turn of the key and try the washers. Absolutely brilliant, in fact I'd go so far as to say I never remember them being that good even when it was new... well they probably were but the deterioration has been gradual.

So a perfect fix. That was around 3 months ago... and I've been meaning to write it up ever since.

• Like 3

Thanks, that's a great tip. I'll save that for later...these things *always* get worse over time :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links