Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 2 Spare Key

Julian30

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to everyone for their Prius posts, they helped me decide to buy a 6 year old Prius Gen 2 T4 a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone know how I can get a spare fob as I only got one with the car and I really don't fancy paying my local Toyota dealership around £200 just for a key!

I've seen the odd fob (black Toyota logo on the back) on eBay and the 'dance' required to 'reprogram' the key/car but I don't know if it really works and whether I have any other options other than waiting for eBay or paying Toyota.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Ps. I also just had to pay for the mechanical engine water pump which was leaking :-(

Thanks Grumpy (I've read many of your previous posts) but I can't see anything on their website that looks suitable (unless it's the gate/door garage remotes?)

I'm looking for a spare remote key fob for my 2008 Prius T4 to remote open/lock doors and fit in the ignition' hole' to enable the 'Start' button.

Thanks

I'd want to know where the other key was...

'Apparently' it was lost by the previous owner before it was traded in to the dealer.

Is it possible you could get one from a breakers yard and then take it to Timpsons or somewhere like that to get it reprogrammed?

Thanks, have tried a few local breakers but no joy, was just hoping someone would know of a replacement I could purchase somewhere other than Toyota.

Just an update; one of the breakers yards I'd contacted are sending me a fob for £48, I'll post a further update after it's arrived and I've 'paired' it to the car (hopefully!).

Cheers to the respondents and hopefully this may aid others in the future.

Got the fob (and ignition unit the fob is put into!) and done the dance so now the 'new' fob will start the car BUT no matter what I do (longer 'dance') I can't get the' new' fob to lock/unlock the doors.

After reading a lot on the Internet it seems that you can't get a used 'black' Toyota logo fob to reprogram so guess I'll have to get a manual blade cut so if the worst happens I can still enter & start the car.

Sounds like at some stage I'll have to pay toyota for a genuine one in case I lose the master.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links