Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Tourer Water Pump Failed

pgcowie

My 2009 2.0 D-4D (1AV-FTD?)just had a service (76k) and I am told it needs a new water pump, which luckily is covered by the extended warranty, added when I purchased the car 6 months ago. My question is, when replacing the pump should other work be done too. eg if its belt driven should they change the belt?

Thanks in advance.

The 1AD-FTV engine is chain driven

• Like 1

Yes Mike is right. it will be driven by the aux belt, rather than cam/timing belt.

'shy kids get no sweets'

I would take advantage of the free labour, even if you have to pay for the belt (they might put the belt down as wear and tear), you will be saving on labour, as they have to remove the belt to replace the pump.

Than you both for your prompt replies, I'll ask them to do the aux belt too and see what response I get. Booked for Thursday, so I will let you know. BTW only the top half of the rear window defrost worked and they are also replacing that under warranty, so I am very pleased with Toyota service, 1st one I have owned.

• Like 1

Dealer says if I buy the belt they'll fit it. £44 for belt, is this about right and is it worth doing?

Best to check your owners manual when they service interval is for the belt. or can someone confirm I do not have access to new avensis manual.

I imagine its 60,000. Have a look at the belt your self to see its condition.

Best way to find out if that price is good is to ring the reception and ask to be transferred to the parts department and ask them how much a belt would be to buy on its own, if they come up with the figure of £44, that means the service department are not charging you labour. which is a good thing if you ask me.

unless your confident to do it your self.

www.eurocarparts.com

they do a belt for around £23

I don't know how aftermarket parts go down with warranty. even so if you get the aftermarket and get a independent garage to fit how much would their labour be.

Thanks for your help on this, decided to get the belt replaced and managed to squeeze 10% discount on part, labour covered by water pump warranty

you made the right decision :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links