Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Overheating

flashgary2650

Avensis (04) 2.0 D4D. engine overheating cooling down and overheating again. any ideas as to what the problems could be? No visible signs of water leaking, fan blows hot and cold. no muck in the oil filler hole. Still runs ok other than the overheating>

Will do. Head gasket being tested later today

Heater blowing hot and cold is air pockets in the coolant system. Possibly faulty head gasket causing cumbustion gas to enter the coolant thus creating air pockets (and throwing the coolant out the header tank when hot).

Just had the head gasket checked and told it is not gassing? I assume thats good. The mechanic rang the forman of toyota Ireland and he was told to check the pipes in and out of the rad. Top pipe was roasting and the bottom pipe was cold, now if I was in a house and found that I would say 100% an air lock. Anyway going back in in the morning and he will check the err. Forgot what he said now but if thats ok he will have the rad out and flushed throuh. Hopefully that will be that lol. Il ket you all know anyway.

Just had the head gasket checked and told it is not gassing? I assume thats good. The mechanic rang the forman of toyota Ireland and he was told to check the pipes in and out of the rad. Top pipe was roasting and the bottom pipe was cold, now if I was in a house and found that I would say 100% an air lock. Anyway going back in in the morning and he will check the err. Forgot what he said now but if thats ok he will have the rad out and flushed throuh. Hopefully that will be that lol. Il ket you all know anyway.

?Whats the mileage on the car Gary

150000 miles. I know it's a lot axnd I've been expecting things to start going pear shaped lol

150k? still got plenty of life yet seen some examples with over 200+.

Avensis (04) 2.0 D4D. engine overheating cooling down and overheating again. any ideas as to what the problems could be? No visible signs of water leaking, fan blows hot and cold. no muck in the oil filler hole. Still runs ok other than the overheating>

Ok turns out it was the thermostat locked closed.

Glad you got it resolved without spending shed loads of cash... :lol:

That's about the best result you can get. Mate Not only have they diagnosed the problem but it's also a cheap fix.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links