Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Servicing

OorWullie

Having recently bought a new Toyota Yaris Icon+ I would welcome views on where best to have it serviced. There is a local garage with an excellent reputation but it is a general repair garage. There is also a garage which sells and services Toyotas and three other makes but is not listed as a main dealer and is 10 miles away. The main dealer is located 75 miles from where I reside so where should I take the car to ensure its proper maintenance. I live at DD8 4TP.

Struan's in Dundee is listed as an approved dealer https://www.toyota.co.uk/find-a-dealer

You don't have to keep it within the dealer network but you must stick to the manufacturer's service schedule & parts quality if you want to maintain the warranty.

If you are planning to keep the car beyond the 5 year warranty then keeping it within the dealer network may get you some goodwill from Toyota should you have a problem outwith that period.

A full dealer service history will improve your car's value & saleability when you do come to sell.

Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing isn't too dear. http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

According to the AA Struans is 17.2 miles from where you live.

Independent garages won't have access to Toyota updates, etc for your car.

If you keep the Yaris beyond the five year new car warranty, Toyota dealers will do the hybrid health check free during each service which extends your Battery warranty by an additional 1 year/10,000 miles, up to 11 years

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links