Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phone Connection

toyota1960

Hi all,

I have an AvensisTR 4dr 2.0 D-4D does anybody know how to connect your mobile phone to the car for internet connection, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I downloaded the O2 setting which I have out into the car but no joy so far.

Cheers.

Hi Douglas,

I don't own Touch & Go and but have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which has a similar menu system to your S4.

Have you set up tethering function on the phone itself?

Go to 'settings', within 'wireless and networks' go into more settings, from there 'Tethering and portable hotspot.

There you have 'Portable Wi-Fi hotspot' and 'bluetooth tethering'.

From there you either tick the check box for bluetooth or switch on WiFi tethering.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't own the Touch & Go. The following link to the PDF has instructions that may help with the final connection.

http://www.ebookszip.com/pdf/toyota-touch-go-connected-services-toyota--208132.pdf

Konrad

Hi Konrad

Thanks for the reply, yes I have my phone set up as a portable hotspot, I tried again and it shows on the touch and go that I have a connection but when I search in the sat nav for an online destination it says establishing a connection then the system reboots? May need to visit a Toyota showroom.

Cheers

Dougie.

Hi Dougie again,

If you have not done so already, try rebooting the Samsung phone. The reason I say this is because I my Galaxy S3 sometimes need a reset to get things working again.

I am surprised there have not been more responses, especially from owners with similar setup.

Konrad

Hi all,

I have an AvensisTR 4dr 2.0 D-4D does anybody know how to connect your mobile phone to the car for internet connection, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I downloaded the O2 setting which I have out into the car but no joy so far.

Cheers.

Have you registered yourself & the car on www.my.toyota.eu ? as you have to setup internet access options via this account before you can use internet options on the car, you can also access new maps, apps & software updates through this site.

• Like 1

Hi Konrad

Thanks again for the reply, yes I have tried rebooting but no joy

Cheers

Dougie.

Hi moderator,

Yes I have registered and set up with toyota.eu, I can set up a map route through google maps and you have the option to send to the car which I have done.

When in the car I have the option to connect for internet which I do, it looks like it's connected but when I go into sat nav and enter destination I have the option to select server again I do and I get the message establishing connection then it switches to the toyota Badge and reboots?

Cheers

Dougie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links