Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You Remove The Rear Manual Window Handle/winder On An Avensis 2

nommie366

How do you remove the rear manual window handle/winder on an Avensis 2008?

My daughter keeps kicking the handle/winder and often I find it's part way down – usually the next morning after it's been raining! Obviously the window locks only work on the front electric windows not the rear manual ones. Unless there's another way of preventing her from opening the window, how do I remove the handle?

Hello Naomi - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Think there is a C-clip or snap ring that has to be popped out to allow the handle to pull off. If you pry the handle out slightly, that may give you enough room to access the snap ring. Something like this:

Image05.jpgB213.JPG

There is a universal tool for removing the snap ring but I usually use a length of electrical wire of a suitable diameter. Check first which way the ring is fitted, usually as shown in Fb's picture and whilst holding each end of the wire insert between handle and door card at the open end of the clip and pull evenly at each end. The clip should come off.

To refit the handle, first insert the clip then just push the handle on to the spindle until it clicks into place. Check the other side's handle first to determine it's correct orientation with the window shut..

There is a universal tool.......called a piece of cloth! :lol:

Tear a narrow strip of fabric, maybe 6 inches long, push the cloth down the back of the handle, the cloth grips those little lugs and will ping the clip out of place, take your time and you will not lose the clip, put a dustsheet down or similar just in case it fires off and you wont lose it

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'd be inclined to keep the handle in the glove box so you have it to hand if you need to open the window or tweak it shut on occasion.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links