Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Windscreen Pitting.

Legend07_1973

Hi everyone,I am new to this forum and new to toyota ownership,I have bought myself a new 2014 auris diesel tourer and I am using it as a private hire vehicle.I have been very pleased with it and it is proving a good work horse with excellent fuel consumption with it being the 1.4 diesel. The problem u have is every piece of glass on the vehicle is heavily pitted to the point I cannot see through the windscreen when there is a glare from the sun.The car was registered on the 8th of May and has covered 6k and it's only in the recent good weather the issue has become apparent.Even my passengers have commented on the pitting on the side windows.

To give you an idea it is like somebody has been using a burning torch and thousands of hot pieces of metal have peppered the windows.

Has anybody else had this problem?i have had 3 mondeos previous to this vehicle covering hundreds and thousands of miles and never seen pitting like it.

Sorry for the poor grammar and punctuation as I am at work and using my phone to write this.

Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

Has it been parked by a railway?

Lol,not that I know of,it was delivered too RRG Toyota then delivered to my house.

Was just thinking that the airborne deposits from locomotive brakes may have been the cause, but searching on the web it seems that sand and other small airborne debris is usually the culprit. Also there appears to be no real cure - some say using polishing the glass can help. May be worthwhile asking the dealer is they use anyone who could reduce the damage.

Thanks for the reply.The problem I have is the car is 2 months old and the pitting isn't from anywhere the car has been parked as I live in a quiet cul de sac and not near a railway,also I do mainly urban driving so it's not from motorway debris.

Think I will run it into the dealer tomorrow and let them take a look.

I will post the outcome of the visit.

Also words don't stress the severity of it,I will try and take a picture of it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links