Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Wheel Aligment

itsagaz

I had my two front tyres replaced and the tracking adjusted (steering wheel still not dead ahead!) when i got home and looked at the job sheet the data print out is for a avensis 2.2 D-4D. My car is a 2007 avensis estate 2.0 D-4D the garage said the alignment data is the same, so my question is can anyone confirm to me that the data from the 2 cars is the same?

Cheers

I had my two front tyres replaced and the tracking adjusted (steering wheel still not dead ahead!) when i got home and looked at the job sheet the data print out is for a avensis 2.2 D-4D. My car is a 2007 avensis estate 2.0 D-4D the garage said the alignment data is the same, so my question is can anyone confirm to me that the data from the 2 cars is the same?

Cheers

They are the same but take it back and ask them to correct the steering wheel centre alignment, it's a simple job for them to do and it should have been done at the time, shoddy workmanship in my view and even though the road wheels are in correct alignment I couldn't/wouldn't drive a car with the steering wheel off centre!

Pete.

As far as alignment is concerned i would always look for a centre that operates the Hunter Alignment equipment ..which adjusts the front wheels with regard to the position of the rear wheels and not just the tracking on the front wheels ,may be a little dearer but far and away better than the later.

If the steering wheel is'nt straight as you say after they have done the adjustments,then they have either adjusted it wrongly or failed to tell you that the steering wheel needs to be removed and re aligned as in making it straight..

If it was me i t wouldn't have left the centre period..take it back mate,as a matter of interest ?who did the tracking for you.

The steering wheel should not be removed to correct the steering wheel centring, the tracking needs to be done correctly with the steering wheel set at dead centre. The Avensis also needs all 4 wheels aligned and the camber angles checked all round first as these angles can also be adjusted, if the camber angles are adjusted after tracking is done the wheel alignment will be wrong.

Pete.

The steering wheel should not be removed to correct the steering wheel centring, the tracking needs to be done correctly with the steering wheel set at dead centre. The Avensis also needs all 4 wheels aligned and the camber angles checked all round first as these angles can also be adjusted, if the camber angles are adjusted after tracking is done the wheel alignment will be wrong.

Pete.

Pete if he gets the job done on a Hunter machine the alignment will be done in sequence anyway ,they provide a print out of the adjustments which need performing as in before and after type of thing,they will then correct the steering wheel as the case may be .

These guys will sort his car out for him.

http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Pete.

Pete if he gets the job done on a Hunter machine the alignment will be done in sequence anyway ,they provide a print out of the adjustments which need performing as in before and after type of thing,they will then correct the steering wheel as the case may be .

These guys will sort his car out for him.

http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Yes mate I agree 100% with that one.

Pete.

First of all thanks for all the replys

I had the the work done when I was on a family vist to Bristol so it was not local to me as I live in the west midlands.The company that did the work is Britannia tyres and they have a branch in coventry so I might go back to them.

The rear wheels were checked as well, using super tracker equipment which I have a print out of and It does show the camber to be out on n/s rear as its printed in red ? and correct readings are printed in green, although this was not mentioned to me. I will try and and upload the data just out of interest for you.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links