Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cherry Red

cherry red

hi all

i recently bought a 05 cherry red avensis 1.6 petrol.....not many people know that all red toyotas were all called back due to a fault in the paint work...so anyone out there has a red toyota from 03 onwards its free of charge to get a full spray job done on your car its like having a brand new car

• Like 1

The paint code is on the plate in the passenger door ingo on our Toyotas. Look for something like 3Q7.

My brother was a professional paint sprayer for a very well established motor company a few years ago. He used to do loads of recalls. The one thing he always emphasised was that an after sales respray will NEVER be as good as a manufacturers job. Sorry if that contradicts anybody's opinions but he was well respected in the motor industry and really knew his stuff.

hi all

i recently bought a 05 cherry red avensis 1.6 petrol.....not many people know that all red toyotas were all called back due to a fault in the paint work...so anyone out there has a red toyota from 03 onwards its free of charge to get a full spray job done on your car its like having a brand new car

Having checked there is no such thing as a recall for Red Avensis ( Solar red ) the warranty stands at 3 years for paint defects and 12 years for corrosion blistering through.

There is an issue with a specific batch of Solar red MK2 Avensis where the lacquer can start to peel, this is looked at on a case by case basis and if the car has not had any bodywork on the affected panel Toyota may consider assisting with the repair cost subject to service history customer loyalty. At no time will the entire car be painted only repairs to the affected panel/panels if Toyota agree to assist.

There is no such recall , only the possibilty of a lacquer issue on some Solar red Mk2 Avensis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links