Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please - Seized Driver's Window

drminfrance

Hello Each,

I have owned my 1999 Avensis GS hatchback since new; it's been a superb trouble free car and we brought it with us when we moved from Carmarthen to France.

I hope someone can help me with this query. The driver's window has seized and I've discovered that the problem is a frayed pulley cable which has jammed in the tracking wheel. Does anyone know whether it's possible to replace this component - either the cable or as a unit, please?

We do have a Toyota dealership nearby where I can order parts, but I don't have the French to describe the problem! So, basically I'm looking to find a fiche pdf, or similar schematic, of the RHS window mechanism components to try and identify the relevant replacement part(s) I need. Anyone know if this info is out there? Many thanks.

Best regards,

David Miller

Part is a complete unit only I'm afraid, you will need part number 69810-05041.

post-45863-0-42743500-1410637705_thumb.p

Many thanks Lee. Bugger - a complete unit to replace a broken cable! Grateful for the info; the Thumbnail highlight is 69801 - so is 69810 a typo? and what's 05041, please?

Best,

D.

Many thanks Lee. Bugger - a complete unit to replace a broken cable! Grateful for the info; the Thumbnail highlight is 69801 - so is 69810 a typo? and what's 05041, please?

Best,

D.

69801 is what Toyota call a PNC ( Part name code ) experienced parts people memorise these PNC then when they need to locate a part on a catalogue they input the PNC and jump straight to it.

All Toyota part numbers are 10-12 digits long with numbers 11 & 12 being colour or trim variations. 69810 = RHF, RHD and 05041 is the specific part for a 1997-2003 mk1 Avensis. 69810-05041 is the whole part number

• Like 1

Thanks again for the detailed explanation. Just one more query; I see from the ad hereon that window regulator kits are available for various makes and models (but sadly not Toyota from the automotoparts.eu supplier). Are you aware of any suppliers offering Toyota repair kits - I imagine a Toyota original would be quite expensive, particularly here in France where almost everything automotive is much more expensive than in Blighty.

Best,

D.

Update.

I found a supplier on e-Bay - uad-auto. Brilliant. A brand new pattern part, minus motor, for £27. This was the cheapest new replacement I could find, and much less too than prices I had for s/h OEM's from Breakers. The service was helpful and very efficient, with a prompt turn around; I live in France and the regulator arrived just two days after I placed the order! The part fitted perfectly. Fantastic v.f.m.

• Like 1

I once fitted a bicycle brake cable to a Laguna window, which worked a treat. Maybe worth considering if it's possible.

• Like 1

Yes, that's doable with the right gauge cable and end fittings. I'd considered using a spare lawnmower throttle cable but the damaged frayed cable had completely buggered the regulator plastic guide wheel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links