Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Sequoia Front Brake Problems

rcotten

I have a 2002 Sequoia SR5 4x2 that has 23700 miles. I like this SUV very much but it has been having front brake problems about every 7000 miles. When driving the SUV after it has warmed up you can feel the front end vibrate when you just barely apply the brakes. At first the dealer tells you the large SUV just goes through the brakes fast and next they said driving through some water causes the rotors to warp. Since I am nearing the end of the warranty period (3 years) I did some research and found this website indicates other Sequoia owners of previous year models were having similiar problems.

I took the Sequoia back to the dealer and insisted that they do something about the problem. The Technical Service Manager at Sterling McCall Toyota was very supportive and he told me he would talk to the Toyota Rep. about fixing this under warranty. They fixed it under warranty and wrote the following on their paperwork:

"Vibration when braking, install SOP's for TSB# BR2005-02 / under sized calipers. Replaced brake calipers, rotors. WAR CD :BR2003 5.2"

The parts list has 14 items listed which includes a different type of caliper than what came with the vehicle. Beware, if you have this problem and just ignore it you could be in for a big repair bill if you let your Sequoia go out of warranty without addressing this issue.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links