Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Ticking

tgreene1x

I have a 2002 Camry with an interesting quirk. From time to time I hear a ticking sound coming from my right front speaker. It sounds like 5 or 6 rapid strokes of a stick on sandpaper. Of further interest is that it seems to occur randomly but often associated with signal notifications on my cell phone. I wonder if the radio is sensitive to cell phone signals or changes in cell phone signal strength. It generally occurs in very rural areas of the country as if I was on the fringe of cell tower singal range.

Just Curious.

I used to get something similar in a Mitsubishi Sigma back in the days I was using an old Ericcson phone. I found exactly the same problems as you have just described. Found two ways to fix the problem.

1) Leave phone at home, switched off or in boot (told work I wouldn't use phone in car).

2) Change to a better phone, tried Ericcson T66, and Siemens SPV and both fine...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links