Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Access Behind Dash On 4.3?

Pogle

Mrs Pogles 2010 4.3 has a rattle from the dash somewhere.....when driving it sounds as if it is coming from the head unit or somewhere nearby and it is getting on my pips so I am going to make a determined effort to find it.

Firstly.....has anyone experienced the same and is there a known area I should be looking at and secondly I know I get access to some of the area behind the dash by releasing the glovebox but how else can I get into the guts of the thing?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Pogle

Getting access to behind the dash isn't easy and you're unlikely to see anything amiss - you may end up with other noises. There was a tech bulletin on a rattle / ticking noise due to contact between the edge of the dash and the windscreen - try some temporary pads along the dash edge to see if this improves matters. There have been several instances where rattles have appeared to come from the dashboard but was in fact the visors rattling by not being secured properly. External mirror casings can rattle and again the noise can appear to come from the dashboard.

Good advice gjn thanks. When I had what I thought to be a dashboard rattle on my 4.2 it turned out to be the housing for the sunroof switch so I will widen the search. And try not to hack the dash to bits.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links