Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Excel Hybrid

stompe

I have fitted as an extra the Toyota Touch and Go Plus and have a query (more likely to know on here than a Dealer). On the Prius I previously had, the traffic announcement would raise the volume on the radio and then go back down to the level I previously had it on once the traffic had finished. It does not seem to happen on the Auris Hybrid, is this just mine or is it an idiosyncrasy on everyones?

Stompe

:driving:

When you say "it works ok on the Yaris", are you talking of the older model or a Touch & Go 2 unit? (i.e. the latest 2014 iteration)

Try adjusting the volume whilst a message is playing, other systems that I have used appear to have two separate volume settings one for Sat Nav and one for the radio.

• Like 1

My T&G plus just changes to the radio station giving the traffic announcements and then goes back to the one I was listening to, no noticeable change in volume.

As far as I am aware, the volumes for audio and traffic announcements are independent of each other and each can be accessed via settings...

Colin - mine is a 2012 Yaris and has "touch screen" without stanav. I normally turn the volume down to zero and the traffic reports come in automatically at a sensible volume. The phone also via bluetooth.

Steve, are you on about the TMC traffic update when navigating or through TP and a radio station?

Steve, are you on about the TMC traffic update when navigating or through TP and a radio station?

Thanks for your reply Jonathan and all.

Sorry I need to clarify on this point (senior moment). I have now sussed out that if you turn the volume up whilst the traffic announcements is playing it holds that volume but it does not work on DAB which I use the mostly. The FM traffic announcement interrupts the music I am playing through bluetooth or USB but if I am listening to DAB you do not get any traffic announcements at all.

Also I might be wrong but I thought on my previous two Prius cars that when you set the sat nav navigations overrides whatever music you were playing? AM I wrong?

Stompe

I'm beginning to think you're not actually Steve! It would seem that even the "built-in" DAB unit behaves more like an add on unit since it doesn't seem to integrate very well with the main software of the head unit. It would seem that it overrides everything when it is on and is why it is very difficult to get the NAV volume right whilst using the DAB radio which, like you, we use in preference to the FM Radio...

• Like 1

As far as I am aware, the volumes for audio and traffic announcements are independent of each other and each can be accessed via settings...

Nothing in settings on mine for TA volume, but just out of curiosity, I will check the turn it up whilst it's on method next time I hear a TA.

I was wrong actually. During an active announcement is when you set the TA's individual volume...

I don't use Ta on mine, but know the normal satnav and TMC traffic warnings are as set in the menu, and what annoys me is that it doesn't mute/lessen the music volume when talking, so if you're a music lover like me and have it cranked up, can't always hear the satnav commands.

Yep I am that PiP you hear in EV mode because of the cheesy tunes blasting out haha.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links