Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which New Car?

Auris Girl 08

As Toyoya have stopped making the Auris in diesals, which car would be a good replacement in the auris?

I do alot of long distance which is why I initially bought a diesal and am bit dubious of petrol hybrid for thd same purpose??

Toyota haven't stopped making the Auris diesel - the 1.4D is available in the second generation.

Mines 2.0 diesal so I wouldnt want to exchange for a 1.4...

Are you looking at brand new or younger than your current 2008 model?

1.4 diesel available & the new BMW diesel is soon to be announced in Auris And Avensis is getting two BMW diesel options.

Devon, whats this about Bmw diesals in auris n avensis? When will these come out??

Also a small Petrol Turbo

All we have been told is TBA in 2015.

I prefer strong powerful cars. Although the current car is not as fast as id hoped, im thinking there will be an improvement in the newer cars...

If you wish to stay with Toyota, choices include the Avensis or Verso. Both available with the same 2.0 litre engine as your Auris.

Otherwise, there are numerous diesels you could consider, but bear in mind that makers are concentrating more on the 1.6 diesel market for tax reasons - which is why Toyota are offering the 1.6 BMW diesel in the new Verso.

If you want to stay with an Auris size car, choices include Hyundai i30, Kia Cee'd, Nissan Qashqai, VW Golf, Skoda Octavia, Audi A3, Ford Focus, Vauxhall/Opel Astra, Citroen C4, Peugeot 308, Citroen DS4, Seat Leon, etc.

Really need to work out what you want the next car to do for you - 3 or 5 doors, boot space, equipment, etc.

Devon, whats this about Bmw diesals in auris n avensis? When will these come out??

The 1WW 1.6 Engine is already in use in the Verso and there is a 2WW 2.0, the Auris is up for the 1.6 in the UK and the Avensis is up for both 1.6 & 2.0

As diesel cars are currently strong sellers in the European market, Toyota have linked with BMW to share some hybrid Battery technology in exchange for using 1.6 & 2.0 litre BMW diesels in some new cars - the first of which was the Verso 1.6 diesel.

Of course no one yet knows whether diesel cars will face extra costs in the UK due to their greater pollution.

Thanks frosty. I want to stay with toyota, as it being japanese with good rep. I wont consider french. Ford/ vauxhall is a no no, already been there. Vw golf feels bit too low on the ground considering auris is higher when to get inside.. Audi A3, I feel too expensive as a prestigious vw..

Toyota Avensis too big and bit of an old mans car..lol

The current Auris (on sale since Dec 2012), although based on the first generation (like yours), is lower in height and to get into.

You could look at the Hyundai i30 or Kia Cee'd - both available with 1.6 diesels and good warranties.

Or the Kia Soul?

If it has to be diesel and Japanese, what about a Honda Civic, I considered the 1.6 diesel when I was looking for my current car, but I decided on the Hybrid Auris?

Personally I wouldent touch any VW, Audi or Seat's. All unreliable from my experience (owned 11 in total over past 6 years and all proved disgraceful). Why dont you look at a Hybrid? Its a 1.8L engine still powerful or the Avensis diesel 2.0 which is really good and powerful.

Honda civic bit expensive ...is the 1.8 hybrid in auris?? Is it good on mpg on a long drive? And fuel consumption?..

Thank you all for your suggestions.. any more most welcome

Honda civic bit expensive ...is the 1.8 hybrid in auris?? Is it good on mpg on a long drive? And fuel consumption?..

yes. Depends upon where & how you drive. Hybrids tend to be better around town where it can use the electric motor for a fair chunk whereas a lot of high speed motorway work will have it using the internal combustion engine most of the time.

Honda Civic Diesel and Auris Hybrid are about the same price new, but I don't know what used prices are like!

My Auris Hybrid is averaging nearly 60 MPG over 30k miles, mostly motorway and fast A roads, but, the style of driving is very different from a diesel, you would have to borrow one from a dealer for a day or so to see if it suits your driving style, the car is also lower then the first Auris if that is a consideration for you.

There was a time when cars had some distinguishable features on them but most modern small to medium hatchbacks all look the same. Once you remove the big bits of moulded plastic that pass for front or rear panels and bumpers it's hard to tell which one is which. Anybody thinking of buying a new one - any make - should pay a visit to their local coachworks for a look see.

post-140480-0-35123300-1420052669_thumb.

post-140480-0-40875200-1420052695_thumb.

post-140480-0-78795600-1420052709_thumb.

post-140480-0-48533300-1420052735_thumb.

post-140480-0-35814000-1420052764_thumb.

Spoke to an owner of the newer style Civic 1.6 diesel a week ago - he was averaging 65 MPG overall & had managed an amazing 74 on a longer run ! He probably was a very steady driver (as most pensioners tend to be), but that's still impressive. As said before though, these newer Civics are still quite expensive even as a used buy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links