Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Honda Frv To Auris 1.6 ...advice Please

T444kids

4 years browsing this forum and I would personally say the clutch on the 1.6 is not a known issue.

In fairness is anything on the 1.6 petrol a known issue? When I was looking at buying one I trawled the internet looking for potential problems and the worst I could find anyone saying about the 1.6 petrol was 'It's a bit boring'!!

I reckon the Auris with a petrol engine and manual gearbox must be one of the most reliable cars built in the past few years, at least mechanically. Only one or two trim rattles and external seal problems let it down.

I've owned Toyotas with the 1.6 petrol engine for over 10 years and never had any problem except for the time I bought one of those inflatable air bags blown up by the exhaust from Argos to use as a car jack. I connected that thing up to my exhaust pipe and I think the little Toyo ECU had a hairy fit, certainly wasn't itself for a couple of days!

I laughed at the "bit boring" quote; my brother always runs BMWs and likes slagging off little Toyotas. So he told me once that one of his customers had a Corolla and got rid of it because it was just so boring. I said "Boring was it, if it's excitement he wants tell him to go buy a Toyota Supra bi-turbo, it's faster from 0 to 60 than a Ferrari". I know that was a bit of bullshine but Toyota can build firebreathing monsters when they want to.

They were chancing their arm a bit when they hung the red SR Badge on the back of the 1.6 Auris though. It's no slouch for a 1.6 normally aspirated engine with 134 bhp on tap but sooner or later you get somebody bird dogging you and wanting a race and the little four banger just can't mix it with the GTi, ST and VXR crowd. It would have been a whole lot better with a 2 litre petrol turbo in it, I know I'd probably have bought one.

Once again, thank you for all the posts, what a great forum! It really seems I'm making a safe choice from honda to a toyota, of course any car make/model can go wrong, but you certainly seem a touch safer with a used jap,car than many other makes, one thing I have noticed with all my Hondas they've all been prone to spots of rust appearing around the arches, even had it on the 07 frv. Gaz

Think the only real issue with Auris paintwork is relating to the Solar Red - which is a solid red - and some have had the top coat of lacquer peel in places which looks unsightly. Only remedy is a whole or partial respray.

Hi Gaz

I have the 3 door 1.6 vvti SR and am getting around 33 MPG, do mostly short trips and having a heavy foot doesnt help

:cheers:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links