Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Trouble , Need Help

starlet gt turbo

hi there guys , went out 4 a spin in my sr last nite and noticed a clicking sound comin from the front rite wheel i think when on full lock and a little off the lock, any 1 know what it could be , i thought wheel bearing but that would be there all the time, the noise sounds metalic ,but im still running standard spring and wheels at the minute, any 1 got any ideas im quite worryed, kieran :(

Havn't you just done your brakes mate could be something to do with that have you bent one of the guards or something?

Sy

Would have said backplate if it was more of a grinding noise but a click not sure <_< Could be plate is just catching on one part of the disc if its rusty on the edge?

could well be the CV Joint.

If it is then It'll get worse, then it'll shatter. Then You'll be stranded.

(Happened to me in a works van once)

Rich

i would say it the cv to. i had 2 go on my old car. When on full lock it just starts to sort of tick?thats what mine did.

cheers guys , took it out 2nite to a local car park and put it on full lock both ways and nothin, tryed it a few times ,yeah it was like a ticking sound , like putting a metal bar against spokes on a bike? any clearer? im not lol , kieran

it will get worse then ? , how easy are they , where would be the best place to get one from , sounds expensive? , kieran

Yeah, it'll get worse......then it'll go Kaboom and the car won't have drive to the wheels. :(

Any motor factors shop should be able to get them for you though, dunno how much though (wouldn't reckon they will be too expensive though.)

Fitting.........depends how mechanically minded you are. It's fairly straight forward though (you'll need a ball joint splitter and a decent toolkit.) Under an hour start to finish (usually).

Look in the pinned topics at the top of the forum for the online Paseo manual. Should be the same in that,, or very similar. Then it's up to you.

Like I said, it's a routine job, so it shouldn't cost too much in labour if you take it to a garage. :thumbsup:

Rich

To change a CV joint you don't need a ball joint splitter. You can take off the front upright from the bottom of the damper. You need. 30mm socket for driveshaft nut (30mm on a Sera last Friday), 19mm socket (from memory) for upright/damper bolts. A hammer and prybar are required to knock the driveshaft out of the hub, and also from the gearbox.

Once the driveshaft is off the car, the cv joints can be removed for replacement.

Andrew

You can do it your way...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links