Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Venterlation

djones2

Hi Folks! My dad has a 2000(year!) 1.4 toyota corolla which has air-con but after driving for a while it steams up inside! He says that it,s because it,s so tightly sealed, but I don,t think it should do this! . Has anyone out there any idea if this car is known to have a problem like this! Thank,s D.

Should only steam up inside if interior of car is damp. So, if there is a wet umbrella, coat, etc, condensation forms on windows.

Alternatively, you could have a water leak.

The air con should de-humidify interior of car eventually.

Do this happen on all windows or just one in particular?

my car used to be a !Removed! for steaming up as its mostly glass, but I realised i just had the aircon on the wrong setting. I now put the air to fresh-air not re-circulated, put air con on and blowers on full either hot or cold doesn't matter but you may find that warm air works better, as starensis says it dehumidifies ie makes the air drier and this should clear your windows. takes a little while mind especially as my rear window demister doesn't work!

aircon will do this, but like carl said.. keep the recirculation off and have it coming from the outside.

Although... in the summer keep the recirculation on only when the aircon is running.

winter recirculation off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links