Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Please.

GWatt

Hello, I picked up my 2014 icon plus yesterday and would like some advice if possible ?. When looking for accessories I have a choice in variants between nre etc 15 or the 18.Would I be right or wrong to think the suffix 18 is the valvematic ?.It is a 1.6 petrol manual valvematic. Also the drl do not come on with light stalk on "0" but do when sidelight chosen , no other lights come on this setting, is the drl lighting the same as sidelight and could drl be disabled ? Thanks to anyone who can help. Gordon

Don't think the DRL's can be disabled as within the EU they became compulsory for new cars requiring new Type Approval after February 2011, and compulsory for all new cars from November 2014.

Think what you describe refers to the side lights not the daytime running lights - see page 202 of your Owners Manual.

Extracted from the Owners Manual:

Daytime running light system
To make your vehicle more visible to other drivers, the daytime running lights turn on automatically when the parking brake lever is released, if engine is started. (However, these lights will dim when the headlight switch is operated manually or the automatic headlight system turns on the tail lights.) Daytime running lights are not designed for use at night.

ahh, right. my hand brake was on when I switched car on, so drl would not come on. But also when parked on drive (with hand brake on) when I turned sidelights on only drl lights came on. I will have a look when car comes back as better half has taken it.Thanks frosyballs

ahh, right. my hand brake was on when I switched car on, so drl would not come on. But also when parked on drive (with hand brake on) when I turned sidelights on only drl lights came on. I will have a look when car comes back as better half has taken it.Thanks frosyballs

Are you talking about an Auris? as the model numbers you mention NRE150 .NRE180 are Auris model models codes:

NRE150 = 1.33 Mk1 Auris NRE being the engine 150 being MK1 Auris

NRE180 = 1.33 Mk2 Auris NRE being the engine 180 being MK2 Auris

If you have a 1.6 Valvematic 2014 Auris then your model type will be ZRE185 .

Also the operation of the DRL they will only illuminate with the engine running and the handbrake off then the DRL will remain at full illumination until you switch off or side/head lights are switched on, the sidelights are the same bulbs as the DRL's but operate at a lower voltage and are dimmer

Thanks Lee for your reply, yes its a auris icon+ 1.6 valvematic, so thanks for model type. Thanks for explaining about drl/sidelights, I thought there was separate sidelights that were not working. Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links