Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Full Service - What Should Have Been Done?

rashm2k

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2011 Auris, I was told that a full service would be done (I was charged for it) from a main dealer.

However I've checked and the air filter has not been changed, it is dirty and neither has the cabin filter (it has leaves in it).

They should have changed these surely?

Thanks

See http://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Scroll down to the Fixed Price Servicing options, and under the 'Full', if you click on 'More'', this will provide the breakdown of what is covered.

Air filters are 'Inspect', but if you're not happy with the condition of the air filter, go back to the dealer and ask whether it should have been replaced.

Cabin air filters are not included within the standard servicing regime - replacement is a maintenance option. Easily replaced yourself.

It's annoying, there is very little you can check as the only major difference between the Fulll+, Full and Intermediate services are inspection items, and you have no way of knowing whether any of these checks have actually been carried out.

There is very little difference between the three service types of actual changed items outside of oil and oil filter change, and spark plugs if you have a petrol.

As a rule of thumb, in those lists, if there is a '*' it means you have to pay extra to have it done (and WONT be covered by your service plan unless you specifically included it!), and if the thing says 'model specific' it probably won't apply to your vehicle :lol:

So despite the fact that it clearly says REPLACE AIR FILTER for the Full Service, the 'model specific' line next to it almost always means "Sorry sir but according to our computer it isn't applicable for your vehicle" and they'll charge you extra for it if you demand it be done.

Another example - The Full+ service specifies a diesel fuel filter change - I have *never* had my fuel filter changed without specifically requesting it.

I usually change the air and cabin filters myself because it's a really easy job.

Just make sure they don't charge you for the parts if it hasn't been done; I've had that happen with the remote Battery before. The only reason I knew is because I have a non-standard flip-key and had some tape across the screw hole which clearly hadn't been disturbed, but it was still listed as a chargeable item on the bill!

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that not all Toyota dealer service departments are equal; some are fantastic, but other's are no better than your average rip-off scam garage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links