Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inner Tie Rod Removal - Tool / Suggestions.

Igundwane

Having been thwated last weekend by the inner tie rods requiring a Special Tool, I duely ordered one from flea bay and eagerly awaited its arrival... Oh Joyous Delivery has turned into Frustrated Annoyance at discovering this was designed more for a Chinese Chengdu or Indian Tata Lorry ... where the tolerances could be measured by the 1/4" rather than by the mm ..

So after treating my nice english neighbours to a string of flowey phrases and sayings in 4 languages, I have retreated to come up with a new plan of action .. !!

What in gods name will remove these Inner Tie Rods without having to either dismantle the entire engine bay, steering rack and or suspension just for the hell of it, or see me in A & E getting my fingers stitched up again after putting some instrument through them.

It appears that any decent removal tool seems to be in America ....

Thoroughly Annoyed Owner, now sulking on the sofa with coffee and chocolate muffins :disgust:

post-146254-0-69336500-1431778355_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links