Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ng Aygo

swimjock56

I've got a 4 month-old Aygo Xclusive, Feb '15...and I've only just been into the boot for to check the spacesaver wheel that I ordered as an extra at delivery time....and I 've found the wheel-well has turned into a paddling-pool, with 1.5cm of water sloshing about.

( this water reservoir may explain why the car's windows so readily steam-up in even the lightest of damp weather too!)

The fibres of the floor cover are wet on the underside, especially at the front centre under the bootlid lock, and at the left side shoulder ( filler cap side).

The metal panel of the left hand shoulder area was also very wet.

However, the moulded plastic boot "tray" showed no sign of any collected water. The car is garaged every night, and has only covered 1000 miles from new here in the Pennines.

After having had engine management, and catalyst problems in the last few weeks too, I'm getting a bit cheesed -off with Toyota quality problems

The Aygo/C1/108 are built by the Joint Venture between Toyota and PSA (Peugeot/Citroen), and usually issues are common to a greater or lesser extent to all three cars.

At this stage don't dry the car out, book it into the dealer so they can see the issue as you've found it.

I think they should just replace your entire Aygo under warranty considering its had engine trouble as well as now this water issue.

I've got a 4 month-old Aygo Xclusive, Feb '15...and I've only just been into the boot for to check the spacesaver wheel that I ordered as an extra at delivery time....and I 've found the wheel-well has turned into a paddling-pool, with 1.5cm of water sloshing about.

( this water reservoir may explain why the car's windows so readily steam-up in even the lightest of damp weather too!)

The fibres of the floor cover are wet on the underside, especially at the front centre under the bootlid lock, and at the left side shoulder ( filler cap side).

The metal panel of the left hand shoulder area was also very wet.

However, the moulded plastic boot "tray" showed no sign of any collected water. The car is garaged every night, and has only covered 1000 miles from new here in the Pennines.

After having had engine management, and catalyst problems in the last few weeks too, I'm getting a bit cheesed -off with Toyota quality problems

Thanks for the comments.....

I've already dried the car out once with towels and a fan heater....before re-wetting the car with a slow-running hose pipe. Within one minute ,there's enough water collecting in the tyre well to half fill a decent tea mug!! It is flooding in!! The water is coming from behind and under the LH vent in the plastic boot trim under the lock mechanism, and also in the LH corner where side and end body panels meet.

The problem will all too easily be shown at the Toyota garage.

The drive on my house is on a slope, so the Aygo is being parked nose-up, so at least the water doesn't flow forward off the tyrewell "shoulders" and into the passenger area.

I am now regretting buying the car from a dealership 30 miles away, and now having to have all this warranty work done at the nearest dealer to where I work.

So the new Aygo still suffers water leaks?

You can have work done under warranty at any toyota dealer. I had my key checked at a dealer on the way home from work rather than booking it in the dealer where I bought it

I hear sloshing from the rear of my x-clusiv, but just assumed it was the fuel tank, so I'll check under my boot lining later.

That is the first new shape Aygo I have heard with a water leak

I checked my boot and there was no water, but there is a difference in colour between the sides, like the left side is stained:

post-96283-143344686121_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links